Little Towns in Christmas Decorations (I)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After Verbal was not shy and has sent us a good many of his photos taken in town of late, including his "leftovers" (;)), I think I might show you some more of my latest pictures, too, ok?

Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, I have to while away an hour during which my daughter is in classes that are in driving distance to our place - so instead of going the way four times (way there, back home, back there and back home) I stay where she is... and get bored. Or not. I always bring the camera. These days, I don't get very much more than dusk or nighttime photos. So here are the first few, showing the town's Christmas Season glory.

Town 1:

120532027.jpg

120532030.jpg

120532029.jpg

Different views of the largest (!) shop (department store!) in that town, usually very nicely done up for the Season

120532028.jpg

Office building of the electricity and water providers for that town --- ah, and let me tell you a little story along with this photo.
As some of you already know, my tripod isn't exactly sturdy and huge. Erm... quite to the contrary, with unextended legs it measures a bare 4 inches, and with fully extended legs 12. Yes. Cute little thing, goes in every pocket, but unless I ALWAYS want to photograph from very low, I have to find myself SOMETHING, a garden wall, a traffic light box, whatever, on which to place it. So I used that little garden wall on the opposite side of the street for this picture, and soon enough the front door of the house to which the garden belongs opened and a man came out to ask "Are you all right? You think this will work?", he added when he saw that I was taking photos. "Oh, it sure does, as long as I leave the camera still and alone". I showed him this photo in the display and he was appeased, since he saw I was really only taking photos. :)

Well, with this story, this becomes long.
One more in this and others in a new one, OK?

120532031.jpg

Ah. OK.
St Lucas Church ... heavily distorted by using the wide angle ... that is a thing I don't like that much about my little camera.

See you later.
Hope you like these.

All three parts of this series are nice. It really help get you into the Christmas spirit looking at all the lights that are already going up :thumbup:

Thank you, you two. I enjoy testing out my camera in light situations that I used to find difficult... now it is fun. No: addiction :shock: :lol:

I enjoyed them all...you got the exposure just right. Isn't Christmas a wonderful time of the year?

The towns here definitely look much more interesting that usual during this season, that much is true :).
To give you an idea where we are and where things are (and where my favourite photo haunts are), here is an "elaborate" (cough-cough) map for you:

AMapD.jpg

So these were taken in "Town 1" (shops and choir practise).

hey corinna,,, great shots :) nicely exposed
looks like a sweet place.. i can see the christmas spirit setting about :)
look forward to your christmas shots

Corinna! I do like the third one! this is very Christmas-like picture! unfortunately we don't have snow here... and the shops are not yet decorated... and I don't feel the christmas atmpspheare yet... maybe because I'm too busy this year :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back