Living Ghost Town

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
= Tourist Trap (Great place to visit anyhow).

Oatman Arizona. Named after Olive Oatman, who along with her sister Maryann, after their family was massacred, were kidnapped by the Yavapai Indians and forced into slavery. Later sold to the Mojave Indians, 10-year old Maryann died of starvation, and several years later Olive was rescued.

600-4153w.jpg

450-4151w.jpg

600c4155w.jpg

I love ghost towns and would give my left you-know-what for a chance to shoot in one. Although, its depressing to know that such savagery occured here at one point in time. Even if its pain, the images do evoke feelings, and thats what photography is all about (dang, I'm so philosophical...LOL ;)).

Gotta dig these. Well shot for sure. One day, I would love to see a living ghost town.

Great pics :) The 1st one sorta shows how sorta rocky and barren the area is around that town

When I first started hanging out in the desert I figured with all the barren and nothing, nothing ever happened around there. I was so wrong. This whole deal is fascinating to me. They'll never take me out of here alive.

I love ghost towns and would give my left you-know-what for a chance to shoot in one. Although, its depressing to know that such savagery occured here at one point in time. Even if its pain, the images do evoke feelings, and thats what photography is all about (dang, I'm so philosophical...LOL ;)).

I'm pretty much done with the photos (Maybe a few more western Az. photos this fall) I've been taking for a project concerning that savagery. What this place does/has done to people- whew...

Gotta dig these. Well shot for sure. One day, I would love to see a living ghost town.

It's interesting for sure. Mostly buildings that haven't been kept up. These shots were along the outskirts. There's wild burros that come in for snacks and carrots from countless tourists and put-on gunfights. Kind of fun.

Thanks again everyone. Again, sorry for the delay in replying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back