Lomography Konstruktor

You got some good photos with it. And having seen it put together in the other thread now I really want one. I like the redscale, I just tried a roll and it's being developed so will see what I get back. I like the ones of the lampshade and vines etc. and the tall grass with flare. I think old cameras too that only have like two settings are better on a nice sunny day, I don't think they do so well in lower light etc. Feel better soon.

Thanks (on all counts!)

Redscale can be really nice because it's got such great latitude - under or overexposed doesn't really matter. It just changes shades!
I think you need a Konstruktor :badangel:

Lew is a naughty Santa.

Tape is all this little camera needs! I do agree that for going out with low-tech gear, there is no point in worrying too much - that's half the charm. :) Great little camera and well worth your effort, Leonore!

Get well soon! :hug::

Awesome photos, love.
Will subscribe to see more.

Just found this now. I'm surprised with what you've done with that thing. Quite impressive work.

Just found this now. I'm surprised with what you've done with that thing. Quite impressive work.

Thanks!
I put a roll of Kodak 200 in it yesterday and I've got another snow day, so hopefully there will be more to share soon :)

Yay! I will admit, you and the other toy camera fans have convinced me there's something fun about not having the foggiest clue what's going to come out of a camera until you get it developed.

A few from the latest roll (Kodak Gold 200) to go through the Konstruktor.

What this roll taught me: stick to 100 or 50 ISO because my readings that day were about 3 stops under Sunny 16 and the Konstruktor was still overexposing. Here are some with some color and exposure correction:

$House and river.jpg

$River.jpg

$Shadows on snow.jpg

$Vanderbilt trees.jpg

The second one shows how flat the light was at that moment. I should probably not have even bothered, but with only four rolls through the thing, I guess I was still sort of testing its limits.

It also taught me to be more careful about advancing the film:

$Triple exposure.jpg

Finally, I learned that even braced on a table, bulb mode is really not such a good idea with this camera:

$Christmas Tree.jpg

That last one honestly just cracks me up, it's so bad :mrgreen:

(Edited: Hey, I could call it light painting and say it was on purpose!)

What this roll taught me: stick to 100 or 50 ISO because my readings that day were about 3 stops under Sunny 16 and the Konstruktor was still overexposing.

That should be no problem, Konstruktor just needs a small improvement. How about fitting a step up ring on this lens barrel ? Then you can control the exposure to some extend with ND or contrast filters. Depends what film are you using.

What this roll taught me: stick to 100 or 50 ISO because my readings that day were about 3 stops under Sunny 16 and the Konstruktor was still overexposing.

That should be no problem, Konstruktor just needs a small improvement. How about fitting a step up ring on this lens barrel ? Then you can control the exposure to some extend with ND or contrast filters. Depends what film are you using.

I really don't know if that lens can be fitted with anything, really. But knowing Lomography, they probably sell a separate lens with the ring and then sell special filters...it's all to get people to buy more accessories, after all ;) I did some poking around and I think I could fashion a DIY filter of sorts if I feel like trying. I think at the moment, I'll just keep it as a fun little toy that I bring out on sunny days when I don't feel like thinking too much :) With 100 speed film, it's good for Sunny 16/Sunny 11 conditions.

I really don't know if that lens can be fitted with anything, really. But knowing Lomography, they probably sell a separate lens with the ring and then sell special filters...it's all to get people to buy more accessories, after all ;) I did some poking around and I think I could fashion a DIY filter of sorts if I feel like trying. I think at the moment, I'll just keep it as a fun little toy that I bring out on sunny days when I don't feel like thinking too much :) With 100 speed film, it's good for Sunny 16/Sunny 11 conditions.

I fitted Holga with step ring in two minutes. A bit of super glue can do magic. I also fitted Imperial Reflex with filter capability using lego blocks. Will post the picture. Why ? I simply cannot (mental block :D) shoot b&w without a filter. :lol: I also make a use of rare earth magnets if that is possible.

And here are some others from that roll that came out really well:

View attachment 54555

View attachment 54556

View attachment 54557

View attachment 54558

View attachment 54554

The next test roll will be black and white, Kentmere 100.

I'm home sick and finally decided to post two pictures from the black and white test roll I took a few weeks ago with the Konstruktor.

View attachment 61432

View attachment 61433
Third roll through and the mechanism is definitely smoother. A lot of the roll came out very underexposed, but that was partly a function of me testing out its limits. It's definitely a fun little camera - good for sunny days, some mindless fun shooting, and 'moody' soft-ish focus shots. If anyone gets one, I suggest 24-exposure rolls maximum, or even shorter if you're rolling your own. Getting a feel for its limitations will definitely increase the hit rate and you can get more intentionally funky shots. There seems to be a bit of a light leak at the bottom, but again - this is not the camera nor the type of photography to really care too much about that :)
great sets!! especially in b&w

Most reactions

Back