Look What I Saw Today!

Did you get paid?

Sounds like it is part of her job.

Did you get paid?

Sounds like it is part of her job.

No, this wasn't really a "required" part of my job. My boss asked me if I'd be interested, but I had the option to turn it down and there would have been NO ill will on anyone's part if I'd done so.

No, I did not get paid. I considered that, but the truth is, I really didn't know at the time that I had the skills to pull this off (see original thread about this, asking for input, here), so I decided to do it without requesting payment for it.

Really, it's a fair trade-off. I did the shoots for free, but in exchange, not only did I gain experience, but I also ensured even greater job security for myself, and it was already just about as "secure" as anyone can hope to be these days. So, by saving them all that money they would have spent on an outside photographer, I basically ensure that I will continue to have a job making next to nothing for as long as I live. :lmao:

In all seriousness, I really didn't feel that confident that I could pull it off. I made myself almost physically ill the day before the first shoot (there's also a thread about THAT around here somewhere). I have no real intention of ever trying to make a living at this, so I didn't feel like I was potentially shooting myself in the foot or anything. Maybe I'll regret that at some point, but I doubt it.

My photography goals run more toward maybe having a gallery showing of some of my wildlife, abstract and/or macro stuff someday. I have no desire to do portrait work for a living.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job Sharon!!!
your effort has been shown in this photography. Looking forward some more artistic photograph ....:hail:

Well, kudos for taking shots of such quality that they want to use them but, if it's not a part of your job, you should be getting paid. The city's getting a lot of mileage out of them. You, too, should benefit...

Fantastic job! :)

You know...really...all photographers...deep down...we're a bit of a vein lot when you stop to think of it. We like our egos boosted. True story!

Most reactions

Back