Looking down (from Empire State Building) (56k killer!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Like I told you earlier, the view we got from Empire State Building was not the best, but on the other hand we had no lines at all and got up there in no time. You can't have it all, can you? So this is all I can show you.
142487271.jpg

Entrance hall, as already known from dllb's (much better) photo (!)

142487270.jpg

First floor hall, also already portrayed by dllb, but from the other direction, and without Andreas in the picture :greenpbl:

142492447.jpg

A detail of those backlit wall pictures in the hall ... and this is where my really COLOURFUL pics will end..

142487275.jpg

View to the southeast with part of Manhattan and part of Brooklyn to be seen (plus the approaching snow front!)

142487279.jpg

The south tip of Manhattan disappearing in the cloud that carried all the snow

140407414.jpg

Very "inconspicuous" roof top of the New York Life Insurance Company building

140407427.jpg

The Flatiron Building by Daniel Burnham on the corner of Broadway and Fifth Avenue (that we had come past on the bright and sunny afternoon on the day before WITHOUT ME REALISING IT :shock: - so I missed all the photo ops I had envisioned with regards to this building before :grumpy: )

140407406.jpg

Looking down north

140407434.jpg

140407447.jpg

Looking down .... erm ... where? Oops. I might try to find out with the help of the book I bought up there "The View From The 86th Floor"

140407385.jpg

View west towards Chelsea, the Chelsea Piers and the Hudson River with the London Terrace Appartments clearly to be seen (red brick houses that I also photographed from below while we were walking those streets)

142492453.jpg

142492454.jpg

:biggrin: Observation hall and decks a little later.... No wonder we did not encounter any big lines, eh? Brilliant view then. Visibility about zero.

great series corinna, you got some good ones here :thumbup:

very interesting shots corinna, i have really been enjoying your NY photos... :thumbup:

wow that high up.
number 13 reminds of nearly every day off work I've had of late, dull wet and windy

Thanks, Anjanesh, and welcome all over again to ThePhotoForum (have "met" you in the "Photographic Discussion" before :wink: ). If you like skyscraper photos and if you like my pictures from New York City, you might also want to check out some of my other threads on my most recent trip over to the States?

Just go to the SEARCH button in the top line of the index page of this forum and put in New York. That should bring up some of my threads but also those of others ("dllb", for example) with photos from the city.

Most reactions

Back