Looking for some constructive feedback on my website

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photography By Ned

I recently updated my website to make it more user-friendly.

I was just wondering if you guys would not mind sifting through it and seeing if there is any room for improvement.

I know I don't have a lot of content right now as I just began to start my photography career so bear with me.

What I am mainly looking for is ease of access throughout the site. I have seen a lot of photographers create these really complex websites with fancy javascript and music but I found that to be tedious to potential clients. So I am trying to keep it simple and straight to the point.

Any constructive comments will definitely be appreciated!

I only took a quick look but what I saw has a nice, clean layout and it loads quickly; I hope others follow this example. I might be tempted to change "About" to "Home" on the directory, but that's me. You have some nice shots, there, as well.

I only took a quick look but what I saw has a nice, clean layout and it loads quickly; I hope others follow this example. I might be tempted to change "About" to "Home" on the directory, but that's me. You have some nice shots, there, as well.

Thanks for your feedback!

I figured keeping it clean and simple would make it a lot easier for my clients to navigate my website.
Hm, I never once thought about that. I always thought a "Home" page was more of a directory/showcase page.

I think of "Home" as the landing point, typically "index.html." You simple chose to land on the "about" page.

I like the layout, responsiveness, and general layout; agree with the index/home/about points raised above. I'm curious about your pricing though; am I to infer that in your one hour portrait package for only $120, I will get 15-20 digital images?????????

Clean, easy to navigate. Simple is better imho

I like the layout, responsiveness, and general layout; agree with the index/home/about points raised above. I'm curious about your pricing though; am I to infer that in your one hour portrait package for only $120, I will get 15-20 digital images?????????

How do you mean?

For my $120 portrait package, clients will receive a 1 hour session on location and receive 15-20 digital images from that session via email/cd.

Is the wording confusing or am I not explaining my package clear enough?

How do you mean?

For my $120 portrait package, clients will receive a 1 hour session on location and receive 15-20 digital images from that session via email/cd.

I'm guessing he thinks you may be undercharging.

How do you mean?

A whole s**tload! Are these prices based on actual CODB calculation, or just WAGs?

How do you mean?

A whole s**tload! Are these prices based on actual CODB calculation, or just WAGs?

I have yet to calculate my codb and my prices are based off solely what I believe is a fair price for my photography. I am not a professional but I use my business as another means of income.

Last edited:
...I have yet to calculate my codb and my prices are based off solely what I believe is a fair price for my photography. I am not a professional but I use my business as another means of income.
You're leaving a LOT of money on the table... start of the way you mean to continue.

You main page is an 'about' page and shouldn't be.
And it sounds like a young person wrapped up in the idea of being a pro.

I am a lover of visual storytelling, creative ideas, and enjoying the little things in life. Photography is more than just clicking the shutter. It is about capturing genuine moments and being able to tell a story without writing a single word. Each and every one of my shoots is uniquely different and a chance for me to share my passion with others.

I love meeting new people and getting to know my clients. If you are thinking about hiring me as your photographer, you can reach me here. Let's be friends!

You are talking about yourself.
Who cares
Tell the people what will be done for them.

The picture of you looks like an unprofessional snapshot.

Your portrait page has way too many repetitive thumbnails - there needs to be text telling about how you do portraits,
You have 20 pictures of young girls and one of a guy.
Put a few larger pictures and talk about portraits

engagement page has many pictures of only two couple. Show only the best shots and those not clipped to a square format.
Having only two couples shown, emphasizes a lack of experience - something you want to minimize

Weddings - the same

Very crisp, clean presentation and design. I can't comment usefully on what best suits your business model, but I'm guessing it gets the job done really well.

As you get more customers you can be more selective with the shots you share. As you say, you're not there yet. Going by what you've shared, your photography looks more than good enough. Potential customers will be pleased with what they see.

You come across enthusiastic and affable. People like to know who they're dealing with and what that person can deliver and for what price. That's what your site does without any fuss. Good luck with it!

By the way, I like your logo -- nice and simple.
:)

I really like the clean design and easy navigation. I have a few quick comments, hope they are helpful:

• On the pricing page, you state $119.99/$199.99 for portraits/couples, but when you click through, the packages start at $120/$200, respectively. Only a cent difference, but costs should be consistent across all pages.
  • Your contact information should be above your form to fill out. IMO, online forms are restrictive and don't allow people to fully express themselves as they would via phone or email.
  • Also with contact page, you have hours on your phone? Can't they leave a message? If that's your personal cell, maybe consider a separate "work" cell that you can turn off if you don't want to answer "after hours". Otherwise, let it go to voicemail?
  • On the FAQ page, I don't like the answer to the clothing. The viewers have to go to a separate page and then read and decide for themselves? Maybe summarize your separate page into a few bullets and then reference the separate page? Also, you should discuss that with them prior to the shoot.

The web site looks good.
Others have pointed out a variety of issues.

At one point in the FAQ you say "Don't wear all black/white, as this does photograph well."
The syntax makes it sound like you meant to say "does not photograph well."

All black and all white do photograph well - if the photographer knows how to meter the light and how to use supplemental light to balance a wide dynamic range.

Most reactions

Back