Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1224828543-5.jpg

I opened this and at first wondered why you left the structure on the right. I probably would have instinctively cropped it out. Knowing you always seem to have good reason for the way you crop, I looked a little harder. Finally I saw it! The diagonal line from the tree shadow to the structure, both "pointing" to the subject. The dark, bright, dark pattern again encouraging the eye towards him.

Very nice.

I have to admit that I don't think in very specific terms of picture elements; I just edit and crop until it looks 'right'. :1219:

I have to admit that I don't think in very specific terms of picture elements; I just edit and crop until it looks 'right'. :1219:
I guess I should be jealous and of your intuition then ;-)

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent about the box on the right. On the one hand, it's distracting to me; on the other hand, cropping it out puts the boy too far to the right of the picture; cropping on the left to match, to put the boy back towards the center, doesn't leave enough space around the boy, that the picture needs to keep that dreamy quality. I'd guess I'd leave it in, too.

What a great capture. Tells a story, dam right. Crop it 9 different ways and the leading lines still draw you to the subject. A lad is deep in thought. As I said Lew. What a great capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back