love

terri said:
clawing outside that door because she thinks you're worth the effort. :sillysmi:
I kinda had to do that. The guy I'm going to marry here soon had given up on love and even friends with females. I had to try to convince him that it was possible that I wanted to be more than just friends.

I'm really glad he let the door open again and so is he. I do agree that it is wonderful to live for each other. Making him happy makes me happy and the same goes for him.

Ferny, I'm sorry to hear you have been hurt so many times. No one said life was fun all the time. Even the greatest marriages have there rocky times but then again.. life just has rocky times all together. You have to take the good with the bad. If you run from everything you will never experience anything great. Without the Valleys you can't have mountain tops but you get a lot of little hills. Ultimately it is your choice.

I think it is a good idea that you give up for the time being. Focus on something you want to do. Let yourself be hurt. You won't get anywhere by ignoring your feelings.

thebeginning said:
One night a man and his daughter were fighting. They were both shouting at each other at the top of their lungs, and the girl slammed the door and ran outside. The father shouted after her and told her to grab her coat because it was cold outside and he didnt want her to catch anything. He cared about her even though he was at odds with her. That's love.
This is wonderful. Thank you! I could just hug you for posting this example!

karissa said:
No one said life was fun all the time. Even the greatest marriages have there rocky times but then again.. life just has rocky times all together. You have to take the good with the bad. If you run from everything you will never experience anything great. Without the Valleys you can't have mountain tops but you get a lot of little hills. Ultimately it is your choice.

exactly.

well... I think that love appears after many many years of being toghether... I don't belive that smebody loves somebody else after a year or even two. I think that at the begining you are just interested in his/her soul and character... then you are sure you can trust the second person and rely on him/her completely.
But I dunno how to achieve even a close friendship... well I have collegues, class-mates but that's all. I usually walk alone. that's shame noone of you live closer to me :(

if things look too bleak, ferny, you could always consider homosexuality, maybe broaden your scope a little bit, and double your wardrobe in the process.

treehuggerhikerboy said:
if things look too bleak, ferny, you could always consider homosexuality, maybe broaden your scope a little bit, and double your wardrobe in the process.
If it is clothing you are worried about... you could always try Drag.... :confused:

Thank god for freak magnets, then, eh? Perhaps you will find yourself being stalked by one some day, who is pesky and doesn't mind clawing outside that door because she thinks you're worth the effort.
She'd have a crooked nose from all the times she's walked into the lampposts (she'd have to be blind you see).
I think it is a good idea that you give up for the time being. Focus on something you want to do. Let yourself be hurt. You won't get anywhere by ignoring your feelings.
Ignoring feelings - been there, done that, ****ed up
not ignoring them - been there, done that, ****ed up

well... I think that love appears after many many years of being toghether... I don't belive that smebody loves somebody else after a year or even two. I think that at the begining you are just interested in his/her soul and character... then you are sure you can trust the second person and rely on him/her completely.
It can happen after a few weeks. Sometimes you just click. Ok, sometimes it won't work out but there are cases when people are ideal for each other. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone and be willing to take that step.
I do think that the best ones come from a friendship first. Friends are different, they get to know each other in certains ways that lovers don't. Just as lovers get to know each other in a different than friends as well. I don't think you can truely love someone unless they're your best friend.
Is that a proposition? Do I have to get my razor and the mirror out again?

I think you're onto something here...maybe a blind girl with a heart of stone will set you right! It'd probably be best if she was in a wheelchair as well, that way you could just put her brake on so she could never roll away from you. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a hardened, blind, wheelchair-bound woman.

yay! the next TPF trip is in Poland?! Woow... now do something - MD has to come too :D:D:D

if there really is going to be a trip, ill save up money for poland!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back