LR 4

gerardo2068

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anybody know when LR 4 it's officially getting released?

What are the expected prices?

Cheaper upgrade option?

If so, what's the price for upgrade version

Looking forward for the official release date!

Thanks!

Google didn't know, I guess TPF doesn't either.

I think I read that the Beta ends at the end of March...so I'd assume that full release will be the start of April (provided they don't have any major bugs to fix before then).

I believe that the Lightroom upgrade as always been $100 direct from Adobe, I think I've seen it at $110 retail.

So yes, I believe you can pick up a cheap LR3 today, then buy the upgrade for $100 and save some money vs buying LR4 directly, which will probably be $299. Or, if you currently have LR1, 2 or 3, you can just buy the upgrade when it's available.

LR3 has been popping up in one-day sales. I've seen as low as $60, but I think $80 is more common.

Thanks I look around but I don't find a complete answer. I will go with the upgrade.

Lightroom 3 - full retail - was $299. Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get an additional discounts of about 15%.

To upgrade from Lightroom 1 or 2, to Lightroom 3 was $99 - Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get additional discounts of about 15%.

The Lightroom 3 Student/Teacher edition was also $99. Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get an additional discounts of about 15%.

I would not be surprised if those prices are higher for Lightroom 4.

Last edited:
I hope they Are not higher. Every other software company actually decreases the prices as years pass.

You wish! Every other software company doesn't actually decrease their prices as the years pass.

How often do you purchase professional grade software?

=gerardo2068;2522859]Does anybody know when LR 4 it's officially getting released?
Yes, the day that Adobe allows it to be sold.
What are the expected prices?
The prices that Adobe sets.
Cheaper upgrade option?
Be a thief and steal it on some warez thief site.
If so, what's the price for upgrade version
Less than the full price.
Looking forward for the official release date!
Me too, but like we taught our kids when they were being raised, "Patience is a virtue." Except for my daughter. She couldn't pronounce virtue at 3 so she would say "Patience is a hurt you." Patience grasshopper....it will get here when it gets here and not one second before.

No problem.

Lightroom 3 - full retail - was $299. Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get an additional discounts of about 15%.

To upgrade from Lightroom 1 or 2, to Lightroom 3 was $99 - Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get additional discounts of about 15%.

The Lightroom 3 Student/Teacher edition was also $99. Members of professional associations like PPA and NAPP often get an additional discounts of about 15%.

I would not be surprised if those prices are higher for Lightroom 4.
Well then, guess we are glad to see you mistaken, as Lightroom has just become much more affordable :D

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/03/06/Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom-4-release

I got emails from Adorama and B&H - buy today. $149 full/$79 upgrade.

EDIT: I followed the links. Adorama's order pages not working, but B&H advising web-only purchase pre-order. Expected availablity 3/7

Last edited:
I buy direct from Adobe. As a returning customer upgrading from LR3, I got it for $79, downloaded it immediately, and now have it installed.

KmH said:
You wish! Every other software company doesn't actually decrease their prices as the years pass.

How often do you purchase professional grade software?

So what about that price? Lol I knew that they would make it cheaper. Software companies do make their products cheaper as years go by.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back