Hardware is hardware. Period It's not about the hardware.
Well it seems to be about the hardware for Apple.
This is why they make their own cases/monitors/etc. and dont allow you to build your own machines. They want you using THEIR hardware only.
I agree with a lot of the rest of what you said.
You may not know though that Windows 7 is an extremely stable and reliable OS. I have been running the same install now for almost a year, and have had close to zero issues with it. It is the 64 bit version too, and I play a lot of games and run CS5+LR3.
Windows OS releases are hit and miss though, and I hated ME and Vista a lot.
Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.
You may also not know that there are tons of DIY guys that build custom PCs, and you simply cant do that with Apple. I am one of them, and I enjoy it a lot.
Please dont try and stir the pot here with your hate for Microsoft.
I asked which one you used for editing, not which one you think is better.