Mac or Windows?

Mac or Windows

• Mac

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 38 54.3%

• Total voters
I use Macs to preserve my sanity. Prior to that I used windows (for about 15 years).

Almost all the major editing platforms are on both Mac OS and Windows OS. I use Aperture and it only works on mac. I am a mac guy simply because its what I use.

Now I am going to sit back and watch the mac and PC fanboys duke it out.

*grabs popcorn*

Sometimes I wish that I could edit on a Mac, but it would require me to buy all new hardware.

I have been using Windows for like 15 years.

Also I like to build my computers now, and I don't think you can build Macs.

I have a desktop I built for gaming that has an i7 920 OC'ed to 3.8ghz stable and has never ran above 60C that I run OS X on. It's also got a 1.8GB GPU in it.

I am not hip enough use a mac. You need funky hair, dark rimmed glasses, skinny jeans to be able to use a mac.

1 on the sides, trimmed up topped, and faded. Thin metal rims. Skinny jeans are for girls.

I still own a MBP and use OS X. I also use Win7, and a plethora of other OSes

Nothing is going over my head guy.

LOL envy?

Ya I am jealous of people with too much money and not enough tech savvy. Thats it, you got me.

Thats the 2nd time you accused me of "envy", and it seems that your status as a Mac user is important to you, as well as thinking you are better than others and that everyone is jealous of you. Trust me I am not.

I think this is really funny because guess what, my PC will smoke any Mac you have in most apps by a long shot. Trust me I am not jealous at all.

I also have the freedom to upgrade what I want, any time I want.

If being a Mac user means acting like you, and getting a complex about how much better you precious Mac is than PCs, then I know that its not for me.

You ARE saying its better, because you are implying it without outright saying "Apple is better".

Its the same thing, you dont have to actually say "Apple is better" to imply it. Look up imply in the dictionary if you dont understand this part.

You just keep trying to justify the high price, and say that they are made from better components. This is not true, they DO NOT use superior components over PCs.

I simply said that Apples are overpriced, thats all. Am I not entitled to my opinion on this?

This is a fact, and I can prove it all day long.

With an unlimited budget I can build a PC thats far better than any Mac. This is because custom PCs have the absolute best components available for use in them, and Macs DO NOT.

I can admit that they are nice, so why can't you admit they are overpriced?
Seriously? Weren't you the one saying you didn't want to turn this into a fanboy flame war? Obviously you had a chip on your shoulder that you wanted to share with the rest of us.

You have the fastest computer on the planet, good for you. What exactly does that have to do with photography?

This thread needs to be put to sleep. There's a good reason why PC vs. Apple threads are banned across the internet.

I am not hip enough use a mac. You need funky hair, dark rimmed glasses, skinny jeans to be able to use a mac.

1 on the sides, trimmed up topped, and faded. Thin metal rims. Skinny jeans are for girls.

I still own a MBP and use OS X. I also use Win7, and a plethora of other OSes
Yup, I use both OSX and Windows 7, they sit next to each other on my desktop.

753804417_jT9TB-M.jpg

I like them both for different reasons, but for image editing I rely on my Macs.

^You and I have the same desk chair. It's quite comfy, isn't it?

I use PC mostly and a mac at school sometimes. I have never found a real reason to switch to a mac. Most of the reasons people list for using a mac I've never had issues with on my pc, but I also enjoy maintaining and managing my computer

We use Macs at over here for editing photographs and videos. Aperture for photos and FCP for videos... Have always preferred the software and the hardware. Six 27"iMacs, 1 15" Macbook Pro and 1 Mac Mini that powers our entertainment system/all the displays around the studio ie televisions and such. We've got our iPhones and an iPad that all act as a remote for any of the machines so when a client walks in we can turn the music on or off, show them a picture on any of the screen, or all of them, or what have you, or run applications or tasks all wirelessly. The system works fantastically with itself, however I feel that introducing an outside element now would be difficult.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back