What's new

Mac or Windows?

Mac or Windows

  • Mac

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Windows

    Votes: 38 54.3%

  • Total voters
    70
Since you can run Windows on a Mac and OSX on a PC, and the hardware is now essentially the same, anyone of you who say one is better than the other is being foolish and being a fanboi.
 
Since you can run Windows on a Mac and OSX on a PC, and the hardware is now essentially the same, anyone of you who say one is better than the other is being foolish and being a fanboi.

The Mac still wins out due to the fact that you can run both OS's side by side at the same time on the same machine as long as you are using Parallels. You can even drag and drop compatible files between the two.

I'm not aware of a program that will allow you to run Windows and OSX at the same time on a PC machine.

For those that want to assemble their own machine then you are correct. However for those that do not want to mess with the assembly of a machine, then choosing the platform you like is not being a fanbol but prudent.
 
I use Mac too Why? Simply because it works and don't have to have extra programs eating up my system resources like I do in Windows. But it's hard for me to try and bash one OS over the other, and I won't. I hope most of you realize that MS people work on things for Apple all the time and vice-versa. It's funny that they like and admire each-other but most of us can't do the same between these two OS's.

While typing this out I ran over and found this on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Steve+Jobs+and+Bill+Gates+Together:&aq=f

I remember seeing it somewhere else before. It's things I already knew, but I always enjoy watching the two of them together. It's worth watching all the segments, it was an eyeopener for a couple friends of mine who thought MS and Apple hated each-other and more so that they have worked on projects for each-other. And Apple wouldn't be what it is today if not for MS.
 
Last edited:
The Mac still wins out due to the fact that you can run both OS's side by side at the same time on the same machine as long as you are using Parallels.

Actually, I can dual boot Linux AND Windows on my desktop.
And, I can run MAC OS. Windows, AND Linux side by side in emulation.
So, I guess the PC wins!

And why does everyone equate the PC to Windows? It has nothing to do with Windows. Just because you can run Windows on it, does not mean it's a Microsoft product. I can run any operating system on my PC. Mac, Linux, or Windows.

-----

I'm not aware of a program that will allow you to run Windows and OSX at the same time on a PC machine.

Are you serious? There's a new technology you've probably NEVER heard about but I think one day it will become the standard. It's called "Google".

_
 
I run linux and win7 on a home made PC with an i5 processor and an nVidia 460 based video card. My box was more expensive than the packaged PC's, but I got the hardware I wanted and was not stuck with a box that cut corners where I didn't want them cut.

OSX is based off of BSD I believe. It's a solid OS running on overpriced hardware.
 
I run linux and win7 on a home made PC with an i5 processor and an nVidia 460 based video card. My box was more expensive than the packaged PC's, but I got the hardware I wanted and was not stuck with a box that cut corners where I didn't want them cut.

OSX is based off of BSD I believe. It's a solid OS running on overpriced hardware.
That's exactly what I say. OS X is an excellent OS, just wish their computers wern't so expensive.
 
Research the term "Hackintosh".

Interesting, and an option for the technically inclined, but to do this violates the EULA for the OS which may mean something to folks who value support - admittedly not likely the crowd that would do this anyway.

I think for the purpose of this discussion, the Hackintosh may not really be a useful comparison - Windows can be installed and supported on any hardware it runs on and OSX support is gone if you don't pay the premium for the approved hardware.
 
I have 3 Macs, 2 laptops and an imac and I love them all!

What turned me to macs was windows Vista. I couldn't stand it at all so I thought I'd give Macs a try and as it turns out I fell in love and can't switch back. Although I've been hearing Windows 7 is pretty awesome..
 
Untitled-16.jpg

^
 
@ Neil S.

Like the picture ;)
 
Research the term "Hackintosh".

Interesting, and an option for the technically inclined, but to do this violates the EULA for the OS which may mean something to folks who value support - admittedly not likely the crowd that would do this anyway.

I think for the purpose of this discussion, the Hackintosh may not really be a useful comparison - Windows can be installed and supported on any hardware it runs on and OSX support is gone if you don't pay the premium for the approved hardware.

HA ha ha haha haha. This is funny. A person that would actually call a company for tech support wouldn't know where to start when it comes to installing OS X on non Apple hardware.

And there is no need to pay Apple's outrageous prices when you can build better for cheaper.

OC'ed i7-920 to 3.8ghz
6GB RAM
1.8GB Nvidia GTX 295
Blu Ray burner
30" monitor
etc... etc...

All is installed, recognized, and works correctly with OS X. I payed $2,700 for the computer and monitor. That's the price of an entry level Mac Pro?
 
Research the term "Hackintosh".

Interesting, and an option for the technically inclined, but to do this violates the EULA for the OS which may mean something to folks who value support - admittedly not likely the crowd that would do this anyway.

I think for the purpose of this discussion, the Hackintosh may not really be a useful comparison - Windows can be installed and supported on any hardware it runs on and OSX support is gone if you don't pay the premium for the approved hardware.

HA ha ha haha haha. This is funny. A person that would actually call a company for tech support wouldn't know where to start when it comes to installing OS X on non Apple hardware.

And there is no need to pay Apple's outrageous prices when you can build better for cheaper.

OC'ed i7-920 to 3.8ghz
6GB RAM
1.8GB Nvidia GTX 295
Blu Ray burner
30" monitor
etc... etc...

All is installed, recognized, and works correctly with OS X. I payed $2,700 for the computer and monitor. That's the price of an entry level Mac Pro?

You make some good points...

In my opinion you do not have a Mac though, you have a PC running OSX.

A Mac is a computer that is built by Apple, and is a package including their proprietary hardware. It is not just the OS, on any random hardware.

I am not sure if you feel you have a Mac or not, just saying.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom