Edward Nelson
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 13, 2010
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Plam Bay, FL.
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Howdy,
I have been into photography for about 4 years, I have been doing it as a hobby and for work as well.
Right now I am doing a project for work, I have to take a LOT of photos of small surface mount electronic components (roughly 1100+ photos!!).
I need some advice on how to take crisp and sharp photos of some very small stuff (some about 1.00mm by 0.50mm in size). Obviously these will not be moving (or flying) around
so I am not worried about portability.
Here is an example:
(I circled it for those that may have missed it...
)
The photos have to be cut out in PS and placed on a 800x800 white background and they are stressing that the photos be as crisp and clear as possible. I have been noodling around and found that with mirror lock-up, manual focus, a remote and a weighted tripod my photos are still coming out a little blurry around the edges and and the photos are not as detailed as their competitors (Digikey.com and others):
ISO 100, F11 1:1
In my opinion the above photo looks very "soft" and not as sharp as I want it. I am currently using a Canon EOS Rebel XS and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, but I think that this lens may be a bit too long, I find that I am too far away, would the 60mm EFS Macro be better for this kind of project? -Or- Is it my camera? I have funding to upgrade to a 50D IF needed, but I am trying to avoid it.
So should I upgrade my Camera? Or get the 60mm EFS Macro, or both? Either is an option for me, I just need advice.
Thanks!
I have been into photography for about 4 years, I have been doing it as a hobby and for work as well.
Right now I am doing a project for work, I have to take a LOT of photos of small surface mount electronic components (roughly 1100+ photos!!).
I need some advice on how to take crisp and sharp photos of some very small stuff (some about 1.00mm by 0.50mm in size). Obviously these will not be moving (or flying) around
Here is an example:
(I circled it for those that may have missed it...
The photos have to be cut out in PS and placed on a 800x800 white background and they are stressing that the photos be as crisp and clear as possible. I have been noodling around and found that with mirror lock-up, manual focus, a remote and a weighted tripod my photos are still coming out a little blurry around the edges and and the photos are not as detailed as their competitors (Digikey.com and others):
ISO 100, F11 1:1
In my opinion the above photo looks very "soft" and not as sharp as I want it. I am currently using a Canon EOS Rebel XS and a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, but I think that this lens may be a bit too long, I find that I am too far away, would the 60mm EFS Macro be better for this kind of project? -Or- Is it my camera? I have funding to upgrade to a 50D IF needed, but I am trying to avoid it.
So should I upgrade my Camera? Or get the 60mm EFS Macro, or both? Either is an option for me, I just need advice.
Thanks!