macro...

hercry1441

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so today i went outside and tried to take a couple macro shots of insects//spiders
but they all turned out to be a little bit soft!
could this be because of my hand not being perfectly steady? or is it just something i have to resign myself to with a digital point-and-shoot camera?
HELPPPP
thanks in advance!

what lens do you have and what body are you using it on?

That might have something to do with it

~Michael~

oh man..
the camera is a canon powershot sd400
im a noob, i dont know what lens =[

yeah sorry here it is
IMG_6485.jpg

also i was using the digital macro mode on my camera, if that's relevant
thanks so much!

The blossom looks sharp. It appears that you just focused on the wrong subject if you wanted to catch the spider.

I agree with Eric. Also, if you camera has manual settings, try to set the aperture to a higher f number.

but if my camera auto-focuses, how do i get it to focus on the spider? just keep trying multiple times and wait it out?

no, i cant change the aperture

haha sorry can't keep up with the posting!
no, i cant manual focus

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05021701canon_sd400.aspI just read the review for your camera, perhaps take a read through your manual a few times.
Your camera does have manual settings and that with the 3cm macro capability with practice you could get a pretty good shot out of it..
Just keep at it and you will get the hang of it but I do recommend reading the manual over and over...
Your picture would have been really cool what kind of spider is that it looks like a scary one! lol

hah aight.. perhaps it's time to invest in a new camera!
oh and i was reading the manual, and it said there is no provision for manual focus?
hmm
thanks to all you guys for your help! =]

Make sure your camera is set to one point focus and not the 9 it is capable of..
I'll bet that was your problem. :)
You may have the same issues if you go out and spend a ton on the best DSLR out there so you might want to make sure you have your setting right before upgrading too quickly..

"AF area modes • 9-point AiAF
• 1-point AiAF (fixed center)

Most reactions

Back