Man I'm so nervous!

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm attending this
Studio One Pensacola Sunday Shootout Page 20100606
on sunday and I am so nervous because I have no idea what I am doing.
They are really nice and supportive and have told me that we all start somewhere blah blah blah and they will take me under their wing, but I just feel like I'm going to get in the way of those going to do some professional pictures, and here I am with my crap NikonD3000 with the standard kit lens and no off camera flash. It is a studio set up and they have flashes to use, actually part of the early mini sessions from 10am to 12noon are about the lighting in the studio.

Can I even hook my camera into studio lights?

Wow I am so nervous, excited, scared, giddy, all rolled into one! I have not felt like this about anything in a long time! haha it feels good to have a lust for something again!

Could you opt to follow another photog around instead of shooting solo?
It says that MUA and photo assistants will be provided, are the assistants experienced enough to help you learn how to utilize the equipment? The assistants may be in a position to teach you quite a bit.
Otherwise it sounds like fun, I wish I had something like that around here (maybe there is and I haven't found it yet. . .)

Good luck, make sure you post the results. With respect to your question, you'll need a wireless trigger (Pocket Wizard, Cactus, etc) to trip the studio lights. If the studio strobes have optical triggers built-in you might be able to trip them using your in-camera flash, but exposure may get messy.

what is MUA? This is how much of a newbie I am...

I asked about just watching and they said there is plenty of room, there are 4 models and only 4 other photographers, plus theowner and co owner, so they are telling me not to worry and that it is not a competitive environment at all.

Cool, it looks like it would be a blast. Enjoy and absorb as much as possible. Good Luck.

It looks fun! I'm sure you'll have a blast and learn- that would be neat to try sometime...

There is no experience like watching pros do what they do. Since you have some experience, you should be able to learn alot.

P.S.
You may even see that they too make mistakes...;)

try and observe what the pros are doing. and dont be afraid to ask questions, like what equipment they use etc. remember: the only dumb question is an unanswered one! lol

what is MUA? This is how much of a newbie I am...

I asked about just watching and they said there is plenty of room, there are 4 models and only 4 other photographers, plus theowner and co owner, so they are telling me not to worry and that it is not a competitive environment at all.

Make up artist:lol:

I'm attending this
Studio One Pensacola Sunday Shootout Page 20100606
on sunday and I am so nervous because I have no idea what I am doing.
They are really nice and supportive and have told me that we all start somewhere blah blah blah and they will take me under their wing, but I just feel like I'm going to get in the way of those going to do some professional pictures, and here I am with my crap NikonD3000 with the standard kit lens and no off camera flash. It is a studio set up and they have flashes to use, actually part of the early mini sessions from 10am to 12noon are about the lighting in the studio.

Can I even hook my camera into studio lights?

Wow I am so nervous, excited, scared, giddy, all rolled into one! I have not felt like this about anything in a long time! haha it feels good to have a lust for something again!

Each set of lights will probably have one of these so when it is your turn just pop it on where your flash goes The Flash Centre - Prolinca Infra-Red Trigger. Don't worry what other people think do your own thing because you have paid the same as the rest of them, most have probably never been in a studio before pro's will not want to shoot in a group

Most reactions

New Topics

Back