Mannequins / Heads for lighting posing etc.

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man I bet if my buddies knew I was posting on the internet asking for mannequin advice, the jazz I'd get would be unbelievable ... I can just hear them ribbing me about talking to it, sitting it at the breakfast table, taking it for rides in the car, taking selfies with it ... it would be endless :)

Seriously, does anyone here use mannequins to get light correct, etc, before clients show up? Try ideas for poses, head angles, etc etc? Do they come with eyelashes? I'm a total mannequin newb here.

If so what products/brands have brought good results?

Not sure but sounds like a good idea, especially if you work alone and like the company

Better than wives so :)

Goes into hiding............

I've got one of these Amazon.co.uk mannequin head which I've used for lighting practice in the past. Stick it on a light stand and change the lighting as much as you want. And no moaning, ever :D

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

(First minute and a half)

no. But i used to get them when they were being discarded or the heads from a beauty school and use them to shoot at down the gun range....

Yeah, I got Lexi to help me work on classic Hollywood lighting. She never gets tired of holding whatever pose I put her in, while I adjust lighting and so on. Never moves and never complains.

In addition, she's a big hit with my 5 year old granddaughter, who loves to comb and brush and braid and mess with Lexi's hair.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ZNJI9Y/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

ETA: To answer the OP's specific question about eyelashes, the one I got doesn't have them, but it would be no big deal to put on fake ones, I'm sure.

I've got one of these Amazon.co.uk mannequin head which I've used for lighting practice in the past. Stick it on a light stand and change the lighting as much as you want. And no moaning, ever :D
This is what I've used as well, in addition to a large (~3' tall) child's doll.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back