Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I looked over tonight to see this scene. The man I love, light from the small desk lamp illuminating his subject and his face, very deep in concentration. He was working on some polaroid manipulations. I'm not sure if it was the light or the intensity with which he was working that caught my eyes, but I do know that for the first time in a very long time I felt inspired photographically.

IMG_3429-WEB.jpg

IMG_3434-WEB.jpg

IMG_3430-WEB.jpg

IMG_3433-WEB.jpg

Awesome, Alison. :thumbup: I like all of them, but the first one really captures the whole mood. I like the light, too. The fact that he's working on SX-70's really makes it cool for me!

What is he using as a manipulation tool, there? :scratch: It almost looks like nail clippers!

I hope these are for our Polaroid exchange. ;)

terri said:
What is he using as a manipulation tool, there? :scratch: It almost looks like nail clippers!

I hope these are for our Polaroid exchange. ;)

I figure I'll answer this one. :D

I've started using the handle part of nail clippers to get a good texture that looks like the ripples in a pool. I've grown really fond of them. And yes they are for the exchange. I plan on mailing them out tomorrow which means they should be mailed out by next week. :mrgreen:

hobbes28 said:
I figure I'll answer this one. :D

I've started using the handle part of nail clippers to get a good texture that looks like the ripples in a pool. I've grown really fond of them. And yes they are for the exchange. I plan on mailing them out tomorrow which means they should be mailed out by next week. :mrgreen:
Verrrrry interesting.....I was pretty sure those were clippers and thought maybe you were using a file tip. I like hearing about what people use. :thumbup: Anything I can hold comfortably is all right by me.

Don't rush to mail them....you're making me look bad. I still have to order some 59 film for those image transfers!

Signed,
Slacker Girl :mrgreen:

wonderful shots! i'm always delighted when i open a post from you!

Well, wouldn't this have been a perfect answer to Amanda's Photo Assignment from two weeks ago, "series", over in the Themes? It would.
Much nicer to look at than my son getting blood drawn.... ;).

I like the focus on his eye-lashes in the second!
And the concentration shows best in the third. Great!

Great shots Alison! and what a wonderful series.... great job :thumbsup:

Wow, thanks for all the great comments guys! I've really been in a photographic slump for a long time and it felt great just to shoot because I wanted to, not because I had a client that needed me to.

Robert, I didn't tell him to hold still but I don't think he was thrilled that I was standing right over him while he was trying to work :D

And, thank you JonMikal, I'll try to start posting more!

Rich stuff!!! :thumbup: Get back in to the flow and start posting! :)

Btw, are these from the 50mm?

danalec99 said:
Rich stuff!!! :thumbup: Get back in to the flow and start posting! :)

Btw, are these from the 50mm?

Thanks! And yes, they are. With the 10D, ISO 400 F1.8 @ 1/60th

Most reactions

New Topics

Back