Maternity in the snow.

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm getting a little tired of all this snow . . . winter storm warning for today, tomorrow and Sunday. Two sessions in it today, two sessions in it tomorrow. Sunday I think I'll stay in my p.j.s and sip hot cocoa over a roaring fire!

Daisy%20Diaz%20009-L.jpg

Daisy%20Diaz%20023-L.jpg

Daisy%20Diaz%20028-L.jpg

Daisy%20Diaz%20034-L.jpg

Daisy%20Diaz%20051-L.jpg

Daisy%20Diaz%20052-L.jpg

Awesome photos, you did a great job! Beautiful girl, she could've lightened up on her eyelash makeup, it's too clumpy.

Thanks for sharing.

I have been known for not liking the bright hazy thing...but I have to admit, I like number 3 the best. Well done on that shot. :)

I have been known for not liking the bright hazy thing...but I have to admit, I like number 3 the best. Well done on that shot. :)

I don't do it a lot, but sometimes an image just "needs" it! Thank you!

Say now, I usually don't like maternity shots, but these are really good! So I like 'em. All.

I HATE maternity photos, and you may have seen I just beat someone else up over theirs.

These... are lovely. She looks happy, the poses are complimentary, the lighting and composition are very nice, and she's pretty much glowing. The setting is beautiful. These are really really nice.

1 is not my favorite. Least of the set. Love 6. 5 is sorta random, but cute. 3 and 4 are great. I might crop a bit from the right on 4. It's just a little dead over there and doesn't balance the image well, IMO.

Very very nice. Thanks for proving you can do these well.

Ok twocolor you showing off now this is the second thread I have seen of you work that is keeping me stuck on how you did it or are doing it so well. There comes a time when you come across a quality of picture that you would love to have the knowledge to create and well this is one of those times I'm going to post some of my work I invite you to be brutally honest. But your work is uplifting

btw, by "proving you can do these well", I meant "thanks for proving there's a way to do maternity shots without being cheesy, typical and boring... while also being complimentary to women who are in a state of epic bigness." :)

Gotta agree with Manaheim here... these are nice, without being blatant. Good poses, tasteful attire, nicely shot! Like Manaheim, I am not a lover of maternity shoots, especially the ones that are badly posed, badly lit, and show acres of bare belly (some bare belly ones rock, but most don't). You did good!

(Hopefully these will inspire some other photographers here, in their maternity style)

It's nice to see some really well done maternity shots, so many out there miss the mark. 3 and 4 are my favourites, and I really like how you used the elements to your advantage in the 5th one.

Ok twocolor you showing off now this is the second thread I have seen of you work that is keeping me stuck on how you did it or are doing it so well. There comes a time when you come across a quality of picture that you would love to have the knowledge to create and well this is one of those times I'm going to post some of my work I invite you to be brutally honest. But your work is uplifting

Thank you! I will look for your posts!

These are indeed quite nice.

Not quite as nice, I think, as the remarks you're getting, but very nice!

I don't really get #1. Generally I am fine with portraits in landscape etc, I'm not seeing any reason for the landscape here. The out of focus trees in the foreground are an interesting choice, since this sort of thing lends a slightly voyeuristic feeling -- the viewer is more "present" in the frame, watching the girl. This feels like a still from a movie from just before something quite unpleasant happens.

#2, frankly, she looks a bit like she's going on to feel herself up a bit. Yes, I know she's doing a classic mom thing, holding her belly. I don't think I would have kept this one, though.

#5 feels a little tightly framed, to me.

Tree branches growing out of her head in #2 and #6, not an issue for me, but it drives some people nuts.

These are quibbles, though. For me the bigger issue is 'what on earth is this pregnant young woman doing out in the woods in the snow, without enough clothes on? Doesn't she know that the light isn't particularly appealing, and that she could freeze to death?!!'

That's still a pretty minor issue. She looks good, she looks happy, you didn't do anything particularly weird, you hit some cute and appealing notes throughout. I assume the customer is happy as anything, and justifiably so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back