Maternity in the snow.

These are indeed quite nice.

Not quite as nice, I think, as the remarks you're getting, but very nice!

I don't really get #1. Generally I am fine with portraits in landscape etc, I'm not seeing any reason for the landscape here. The out of focus trees in the foreground are an interesting choice, since this sort of thing lends a slightly voyeuristic feeling -- the viewer is more "present" in the frame, watching the girl. This feels like a still from a movie from just before something quite unpleasant happens.

#2, frankly, she looks a bit like she's going on to feel herself up a bit. Yes, I know she's doing a classic mom thing, holding her belly. I don't think I would have kept this one, though.

#5 feels a little tightly framed, to me.

Tree branches growing out of her head in #2 and #6, not an issue for me, but it drives some people nuts.

These are quibbles, though. For me the bigger issue is 'what on earth is this pregnant young woman doing out in the woods in the snow, without enough clothes on? Doesn't she know that the light isn't particularly appealing, and that she could freeze to death?!!'

That's still a pretty minor issue. She looks good, she looks happy, you didn't do anything particularly weird, you hit some cute and appealing notes throughout. I assume the customer is happy as anything, and justifiably so.

I think what he is trying to say, is he likes #4. ;)

Oh, I like #3 as well!

But #2 is definitely my favorite, for reasons cited.

Good choice on #3 amolotir, IMO closely followed by #4.
The two most natural, relaxed images of the series, but, I bet mum-to-be is very happy with all these.
Well done twocolor.

These are indeed quite nice.

Not quite as nice, I think, as the remarks you're getting, but very nice!

I don't really get #1. Generally I am fine with portraits in landscape etc, I'm not seeing any reason for the landscape here. The out of focus trees in the foreground are an interesting choice, since this sort of thing lends a slightly voyeuristic feeling -- the viewer is more "present" in the frame, watching the girl. This feels like a still from a movie from just before something quite unpleasant happens.

#2, frankly, she looks a bit like she's going on to feel herself up a bit. Yes, I know she's doing a classic mom thing, holding her belly. I don't think I would have kept this one, though.

#5 feels a little tightly framed, to me.

Tree branches growing out of her head in #2 and #6, not an issue for me, but it drives some people nuts.

These are quibbles, though. For me the bigger issue is 'what on earth is this pregnant young woman doing out in the woods in the snow, without enough clothes on? Doesn't she know that the light isn't particularly appealing, and that she could freeze to death?!!'

That's still a pretty minor issue. She looks good, she looks happy, you didn't do anything particularly weird, you hit some cute and appealing notes throughout. I assume the customer is happy as anything, and justifiably so.

Thanks . . .

#1 also has a vertical crop, maybe when she sees these I should play the "Jaws" theme music.
#2 Agree that placement of the hand is a little akward. Hadn't noticed it until now.
#5 I like how tight it is, it was a conscious decision to go this tight. SOOC is not as tight, but the feel I was going for was lost in the scenery the looser it got. I think I'll keep this one the way it is.
I can fix tree branches no problem.

And your bigger issue . . . she chose location, she chose attire. My vehicle with chains and 4 wheel drive was parked less than 10 feet away running and warm. I assure you that we would not have frozen to death. This location is literally 5 miles from my home. Lighting . . . I think the lighting is beautiful. Could you be a little more specific about what you don't like about the lighting?

The light is, well, it's cold, isn't it? It looks exactly like what it is.

It's got a pronounced blue cast, partly from reflection off the snow, and partly from what appears to be a mild overcast. I don't know if you filled lightly, or is she's just deliciously honey colored enough to carry it off, but her coloring is quite warm and pleasant in spite of the blue ambient light.

I actually like the other set better, the other girl is pulling off a kind of Snow Queen look partly because she's just rocking the snow-reflected light pretty hard and looks pretty ok lit up super-cold, and partly because I think it might have been a sunnier day (or any rate the building is reflecting some warmer tones around to ease things up a bit).

The light is, well, it's cold, isn't it? It looks exactly like what it is.

It's got a pronounced blue cast, partly from reflection off the snow, and partly from what appears to be a mild overcast. I don't know if you filled lightly, or is she's just deliciously honey colored enough to carry it off, but her coloring is quite warm and pleasant in spite of the blue ambient light.

I actually like the other set better, the other girl is pulling off a kind of Snow Queen look partly because she's just rocking the snow-reflected light pretty hard and looks pretty ok lit up super-cold, and partly because I think it might have been a sunnier day (or any rate the building is reflecting some warmer tones around to ease things up a bit).

The other session was a clear day, (making it a shockingly cold temp but warmer tones) but with the barn we were under the shade of a mountain. A lot of these farms are snug right into the mountain. That being said, it was still a blue sky ...

I did add a little warmth to her skin tones, but it made the snow look . . . well yellow and dirty. Have you heard the addage "Never eat yellow snow :lol:" So I masked the warmth out of the snow!

btw, by "proving you can do these well", I meant "thanks for proving there's a way to do maternity shots without being cheesy, typical and boring... while also being complimentary to women who are in a state of epic bigness." :)

hmm Epic Bigness, I think I'll use that

TwoColor - these are amazing

btw, by "proving you can do these well", I meant "thanks for proving there's a way to do maternity shots without being cheesy, typical and boring... while also being complimentary to women who are in a state of epic bigness." :)

hmm Epic Bigness, I think I'll use that

TwoColor - these are amazing

haha! Thank you!

Most reactions

Back