Maternity Pictures

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am taking a few pictures of my best friend (who is 8 months pregnant) tomorrow for some practice.

I would LOVE to hear some ideas of different things we could do. I keep looking maternity pictures up on google, but they are all the boring - make a heart with your hand on your belly - kind of things.

Any advice, ideas, anything would be so helpful! TIA!

To make it more interesting, have her try to slip in jeans and stuff that she wore before she got pregnant. That would make for some interesting pictures, and be funny as well.

She could then show "little johnny" how he changed mommy. Just a suggestion!

Shoot her without anything on & standing position but side view from hair or forehead down to knees only. That's what you called an ART Photography. Make sure you have a nice lighting on it... perfectly a natural light facing to the window with a nice white curtain lace flying a bit infront of her.

.....nothing is more beautiful than a nude pregnant woman. They may not feel that way, but I can tell you when my wife was pregnant it was the most beautiful cute thing in my eyes.

Thanks for the ideas. She would NEVER do a nude photo though. I already know the answer if I asked her.

Since that she was your best friend... there's nothing wrong if you try to ask her. If she doesn’t want to pose a nude even if she’s going to close her nipple with a nice white transparent scarf then no problem. You just only giving her the best idea unless you’re a man the reason why she doesn’t want to.

just something i'd like to try but it may not work. get her to lay flat on her back and take a shot from beside her. after the baby is born put the mum in the same position with the baby in the fetal position on her belly. might make an interesting double piece.

Baby blocks spelling the baby's name in front of the belly is always popular with the moms. If you have any wide open fields of grass, or even tall grass/weeds. Sometimes you can get nice shots of mom lying down in the field, shoot from almost eye level to mom (you lying on the ground too) catching the grass in the foreground and background. Also while she is lying in the field stand on a chair and take some aerial shots. It is all about perspective. Take the blocks into the field, or some stuffed animals the baby may already have recieved as gifts and put them with mom.
Just a few ideas! Good luck and show them when your done!!!!

Thank you! I love the idea of shooting in a field. I will def. try some of those. She rescheduled until Sun. so I have a few more days of getting ideas.

Oh, and I am a woman, but she still will not pose nude for me. And yes, it wouldn't hurt to ask, but I already know her so well, there is no need :) Thanks for the great ideas though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back