Me and my baby :)

Mezz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've wanted some pics taken of me and my baby for a while now, so I let my friend use my XSi to take a few. Oh the novice mistakes, but I still love them. Enjoy!

**Disclaimer**
The whiteness comes with being a redhead. xD

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0035-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I thought the "baby" was going to be a camera lmao. And dude! GIVE ME THAT DOGGGGG!!!!!!!

Your dog is really cute! If he is good at stay (my dog is still learning that one) you could always get a tripod take some yourself. Or get the shot ready so all your friend has to do is press the button. Still, very cute photos.

I'm not positive so don't quote me, it as been almost a year since I've taken intellectual property law but!:

Whoever presses the shutter is the copyright owner, unless a proper contract is signed. Again not positive, so check it out for yourself first.

Having said that, gorgeous dog! Just watch your posing, the first one especially comes to mind. Very awkward having a dog there >_< remember the dog is a subject as well, so you do not want your viewer to feel uncomfortable trying to look at it.

The last one is an excellent shot, it feels the most natural and while it is obviously posed the viewer forgets that simply because you look so comfortable.

If you're using a tripod and remote shutter release (or timed for that matter) you are missing your focus on almost all of these. I am sure you realize this on your own, but I think I may have a simple trick to fix this for you.

All you need is tape and something to stand in where the subject (you and your dog) will be. I use a chair as a stand in, or better yet my light stand (assuming you don't have one though so let's go with the chair)

Set the tripod and camera up, as well as placing the chair in place of your subject. This takes a little bit of planning, but it will be worth it. Once the chair is in place, set your exposure as well as focus on the chair. If the edges of the chair are slightly out of focus that should be ok as long as you can fit your body and your dog inside of the area. Put tape down where you and your dog need to be, and switch your lens to manual focus so that nothing changes. Make sure your exposure is locked down, than pop the timer on your camera and get in position.

This may be a bit diluted, I'm still waking up xD I'll check up later to see if you understood what I am saying lol. Hopefully it made sense.

Thanks for the comments. :) These were purely for fun and my personal use, nothing more, so copyright ownership and the rest of it are basically unimportant.

Shmne, thank you for the heads up, but like I said these were just for fun and nothing else. I will definitely keep all that in mind, though, so thanks for the great tips!

Forest Power Ranger, she is all mine and you can never have her! ;) I love her too much to let her go haha

I don't care about the quality of the shots. I can definitely see that the camera is good and professinal, and that you have some special feelings to your baby)))
This is fun to watch and get some positive energy penetrate your day!

Beautiful lady and beautiful dog, of course.
If you haven't already, you should start up a free flickr page/account.
If/when you do, link yourself to me.

Most reactions

Back