Meeting the parents

Thanks I, was too shocked by the numbers and couldn't post them.

How hot is she on a scale of one to ten

...sadly, when I get a question like this I base my reply on what I know about the surrounding forum members preferences. This forum has a far more broad perspective on what is hot than any other forum I use, resulting in the fact I can't read it like that here. People here see beauty differently than the other places I frequent.

On my personal scale somewhere around five or six.

Actually right in the ball park of what I figured I'd find my self with.

Haha nope. I decided to give my good advice, I must know how hot she is..Then I can guide the OP to the right decision.

The decision has alredy been made, it was so before I even made the thread.;)

do you think you have breached their trust?

That was my biggest fear yes.

After visiting the last 6 new topics I have a big question:
This is a photographic forum or what? I didn't see any picture in all of those new topics!
Quite weird...

...I don't understand the question here.
Are you refering to the last six topics in off topic chat? in wich case well...it's called off topic for a reason.:lol:

Or Are you talking about My last six topics? ...if so I should have four or five image topics of my last six.

Or are you saying I have not posted a picture of her?...I haven't gotten it back from processing yet ;)

10 years age difference...
Well - if you are 70 and she is 60 then most ppl won't see a problem...
However... if you are 25 then some ppl may see it as a problem...
Oh well, you could put off dating the girl until she reaches 60...
Seriously though... if you have known the girl's parents all these years then you must also have known the girl all these years - from being a child maybe... You know, Don't rate a book by its cover... but many people do... and you should take care here, Battou...
Jedo

Yes, I have known her almost as long, she lived with her father most of the time but I knew her well enough to say I knew her.

It's really weird, Caution is on my mind but.....putting it off is out of the question.

how old are you?

I'll be turning 27 in October, She turned 17 on the seventh of this month. thus the other half of my reluctency.

And remember, for a lot of younger women, part of the allure is that you aren't what her parents would approve of. It takes a person well into their younger to mid-twenties to develop full autonomy (even then a lot don't), and so until then there may be some underlying rebellion in her desire to date you.

She was equally worried about this as I was, so I was confident this was not a rebelious thing.

Especially with how much of a rebel you are. :)
...You have no idea just how much of a rebel I actually am, I'm not saying that to be mean, there are elements about me that are strongly rooted in my personal rebelion toward my parents even to this day, things you could not know or understand with out knowing me face to face all my life.

I cant imagine how uncomfortable you must feel...
I'm sure i wouldnt want to be there.

try to act like normal, not the scared boyfriend maybe??

It actually got easier by the time I got home from work.

She walked right into her mothers trap :lol:. They have known for some time that she was interested in either me or my brother but where not sure who exactly. When that distinct change in her behavior occured they began acting overly protective. As it turns out they where acting the way they where to get her to come right out and admit it. I know full well parents have the insight to know these things so it should not have come as such a surprise. Had my mind been clear I'd have seen that but....I digress.

Like I said before, she was equally worried about this as I was. Well...you can see how worked up I was, going to the internet for advice on my love life is not something I would do.....She ended up getting so distressed about it and woke her mother up to tell her and get it done....Apparently I'm the good guy.

I got home from work and she informed me of how that conversation went and that her mom wanted me over that night to talk about it. In all honesty, I really wish I was there so I could have heard it for my self.

All she had to say was the standard issue question of "So you want to date my daughter?" (Wich was kind of retorical) followed a handful of ground rules, that I will be expected to attend dinner every now and again and the fact she feels that I am the best match for her.

Her apporval is...well frightening to say the least. She is alredy asking about baby names and threw what few ground rules she set out the window. She is so excited about the whole thing.

Scott (Her brother) wants to kill me, but that's ok, I'll live.

Oh I see it now:blushing:, Do I win anything for guessing your age? haha just joking.;)

So if Battou is 26 that means the girl is .......:shock:, err umm

See above, there are more numbers to the equation....not that they make a lot of difference but......yall went to town on the numbers wile I was posting, Corrys first post was the last one I actually saw.....now I am playing catch up.

But why don't you date someone close to your age? Not only do I think its wrong to date girl that much younger than you at your age, but what does a 17 year old and 27 year old have in common? Your in totally different times in your life. And what mother would approve this? Where is the girl's father in all this?

My dad was 15 years older than my mum. She was 21 when she had my sister, then had 2 more kids with him and their relationship lasted a good while. Age doesn't always signify that it won't work. I know some extremely mature 17 year olds and some extremely childish 27 year olds, so it can work.

My dad was 15 years older than my mum. She was 21 when she had my sister, then had 2 more kids with him and their relationship lasted a good while. Age doesn't always signify that it won't work. I know some extremely mature 17 year olds and some extremely childish 27 year olds, so it can work.

I mean come on Battou still draws manga he can't be the most mature 27 year old out there... And he is obviously a good guy he collects cameras and shoots FILM... (any insult garnered from this post truly is a figment of your imagination just poking some fun).

But why don't you date someone close to your age?
Simply because The only thing that connects me to my generation is my camera, my education and my life experience.

I've been dealing with teenagers for so long, I have so little connection to people my own age. I mean look at me, I'm an administrator on a website overrun EMO preteen naruto fanchildren, I keep toy pokemon on my desk, I enjoy drawing cartoons, I babysit for a living for crying out loud.

Not only do I think its wrong to date girl that much younger than you at your age, but what does a 17 year old and 27 year old have in common? Your in totally different times in your life.

I will not argue the validity of your arguement, I understand what you are saying. To answer your question, More than one would imagine. We have not only in our intersets but also our goals and even some of our life experiences in common. My stage in life as briefly outlined above is not that of a 27 year old man, is it?

And what mother would approve this?
One with happily married previous children, she obviously knows something I don't.

Where is the girl's father in all this?

His position in all this is irrelevant, She no longer lives with him for valid reasons. We Will leave it at that. I understand what you are asking, but there are some things in this world that can negate anything he has to say. She sees her mothers current boyfriend (she has been with him since I met them) as her dad and father figure, and he approves, so as far as I am concerned her biological father is out of the picture.

My dad was 15 years older than my mum. She was 21 when she had my sister, then had 2 more kids with him and their relationship lasted a good while.

Her grandparents, where sixteen and twenty seven (or twenty eight she told me, I can't remember) when they got to gether.

My mother was sixteen when she gave birth to my oldest sister, my mom and dad had six more before I was concieved not including one still born sibling I have.

Age doesn't always signify that it won't work. I know some extremely mature 17 year olds and some extremely childish 27 year olds, so it can work.

....Yeah, I fall into the latter half of that one as MK pointed out

oh come one...10 years is not a scary difference right now! AMybe the girl has "a great order" (as we call it in PL ) in her head, she may be smart and mature for her age, and Battou maybe a bit childish for his age... so... if... she is 4 years more mature than her friends, and battou is 4 years younger mentally than his friends (ey I am not offensive, don't think I ever was!) so the age difference is only.... 2 :)

if... she is 4 years more mature than her friends, and battou is 4 years younger mentally than his friends (ey I am not offensive, don't think I ever was!) so the age difference is only.... 2 :)

...you just blew my mind.

Its a good way of thinking about it. :) At least I think so.

oh come one...10 years is not a scary difference right now! AMybe the girl has "a great order" (as we call it in PL ) in her head, she may be smart and mature for her age, and Battou maybe a bit childish for his age... so... if... she is 4 years more mature than her friends, and battou is 4 years younger mentally than his friends (ey I am not offensive, don't think I ever was!) so the age difference is only.... 2 :)

Mentos, I don't think 10 years is a big difference . . . MOST of the time.

When one of those people is still in high school, still a teenager, and not legally an adult, then I have a problem with it.

She can't vote, she can't buy a pack of cigarettes, she can't drink, and her brain isn't even fully developed. (and it won't be for a few more years)

Now if he were 36 and she were 26, you wouldn't hear a word from me about anything.

For the record, my parents were 11 years apart, with my mother being 17 at the time.

Let me start with the obvious: Age is just a number.

I am a married man (for 7 years now) and the difference in age is 17 years. She is my junior, that is. :) We're doing great, thank you very much and her parents (mom) protested a little bit at the beginning. It's normal, she was protective of her. But... At that point, my wife-to-be told her mom that she is old enough to discern what works and what does not.

If there is a relationship that works, it will work despite the age difference. I have seen many a relationship with people of close or same age that didn't work and many that did. The same with the ones which are apart in years.

Don't worry about what 'mom' says or the ways it will affect your relationship with her (the mom). If your GF is happy, that's all that matters.

well age is more than just a number, it represents a person developmental stages too, there.

Girls who look for older men are probably just looking for a father figure to take care of them, considering her father had problems and left.

Last edited:
Onward and upward, I bought her her first camera yesterday morning, it should arrive Wendsday or Thursday. I've still yet to pick up some additional lenses for her to use but I plan on having them right directly so. She wants to learn, I'll teach her what I can and yall may get to meet her.

+1 :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back