Meeting the parents

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Battou, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree 100 %!

We all are individuals, everyone is different.

But people always like to generalise and have simple recipes ... just life is not simple ;)

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    just belive in the impossible... :) and make it happen :)

3. Hawaii Five-O

Hawaii Five-O My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be

Photos OK to edit
    oh I don't why I waste my time posting my opinion internet topics, there its always so pointless to do so. lol

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    hey it is not pointless... everyone is different and has his/her own priorities and things that are good/bad. it is good to confront own views with the public, to give you the real view of yourself. sometimes you can teach others something really important in life, sometimes others can point out that you might get some advantage from changing your opinions on certain topic. it is always good to talk and confront.

5. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ^^^Rock-n-Roll Mentos!!! Couldn't have put it better in words!

6. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, so see you on Monday night then, right? :mrgreen:

7. Hawaii Five-O

Hawaii Five-O My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be

Photos OK to edit
    Well on an interent forum,posting an opinion other than about someones photo or what I like about the olympics, or what computer I think is really good, is kind of pointless. Like posting an opinion about a persnal matter or politics.

Off of the internet those opinions are important, but they just don't have the same value on the net.

8. LeroyLion

LeroyLion TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I wholeheartedly agree, even if it is pointless to do so. :p

9. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think you're probably totally right, and I probably shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

For instance, it doesn't matter what anyone here says, I won't be changing my opinion that someone who isn't far from 30 shoudn't be dating someone who is still technically and legally a child.

10. Battou

Battou TPF junkie!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wether a point is made or broken is in the eye of it's intended target. Be it IRL or on the internet. However a point based on oppinion will ultamately fail if the intended target is not of the same oppinion. That witch is important as it pertains to train of thought is equally important on the net and IRL, no one holds priority over the other. That said, Even if me you and Corry where sitting face to face IRL discussing this, the results would have been the same.

Making an oppinion known is not pointless in any way. I've read and taken from every oppinion posted here giving them purpose. As I said before, I will not argue the validity of your arguement, Human beings are too diverse in almost every way so the fact the fact that our oppinions differ is truly meaningless.

Someone once said "War does not deturmine those who are right, only those who are left", I've always taken the meaning of this as arguing as to what beliefs are "Correct" is pointless, as it's a lose/lose situation. You have the right to an oppinion as have I and attempting to change someone elses oppinion is an attempt at violating their rights. It is in this that the illusion that making ones oppinion known is pointless is created. Created because so many feel the need to defend their beliefs, this arguement begins with out fail, It is sad but true. As far as I am concerned oppinions are not pointless untill they become defended, you do not have to defend your oppinion.

That said, I did not post this seeking the approval of forum members here, merely a moment of stress related emotional weekness, more commonly known as an Emo thread. Stress brought on by the fear I was violating the trust of a friend. So many factors went into my decision to go ahead and presue this, more so than I could ever explain. Even then, I thought I had confronted that issue, but now that I look back I merely rationalized it with what was actually a pretty childish thought.

Now that the originally posted situation has played it self out I see that it is that very trust that is allowing this to happen. It's actually pushing this relationship along at alarming speeds, so much so that I have to make a consious effort to slow it down, so as to not get my self in a world of ****.

Now all I have to worry about is my own ability to maintain my composure. Under normal circumstances I can maintain my self well. However I've been under a lot of stress over the past few years, getting worse over the last year resulting in two total losses of composure and countless minor ones in the last six months. Over this past five days so much stress has been lifted from my shoulders it ain't funny and it continues to become easier to bare. I'm seeing things more clearly now and I am confident I can maintain my composure now, completely negating my secondary consern.

Worst case scenario, in the event this does not work out, we will both take something from it. Best case scenario, we have children, get old and die. I don't regret the decision.

11. JohnMF

JohnMF No longer a newbie, moving up!

well you have a ten year head start on her there! hehe ;)

12. sarallyn

sarallyn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

sorry, that made me laugh. :lol:

But seriously -- approval of parents is overrated in my opinion. Hop on a motorcycle, get the girl on the back, and drive into the sunset. And by sunset I mean Canada, because everyone knows Canada is pretty cool. :)