Megan's Bridals

When I upload a file for web viewing, I resize it to about 800 pixels wide (or smaller) and I save it as a JPEG at a quality/compression level of about 60-70%. This brings most images down to about 100-200 kb. Very small file size.

As for putting them on your server, do you have a control panel for your site? I don't know anything about Blu Domain, but the host companies that I've had, all have a control panel that I can use to access all the site's files & folders.
If so, just go onto that and create a folder in the public access area (I called my folder 'host').
Then I just upload the web ready images to that folder using either the control panel or an FTP program. Then I just copy the URL of the images and paste that into forum threads.

Forrest-xmas-05.jpg

Way over my head Mike!
Yes, I think I have a Public file already. I just don't know how to use it. I'll definately try to figure it out. Thanks for the head's up.

When I used to manually upload, I was saving at 80 percent 750 pix, with USM. The problem was still the upload site. Ugg. I wish people could see how the files really look.

But thank you and I will definately try it.

Most reactions

Back