Melting Point

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fresh off the sensor from yesterday's after-work rush to Santa Cruz. This time, up at Davenport Beach.

Hope you like it!

"Bubbles and foam dot a landscape of sand beneath the towering cliffs of Davenport, California. "

Taken with:
Canon 6D
Canon 17-40f/4L
Lee .9GND Soft

Melting Point
by TogaLive, on Flickr

Absolutely beautiful! I really enjoy this one!

My eyes! It's so freaking magical it hurts my eyes!

I think you need to work on the highlights. You like having the sun in-frame, but I never like the transition from non-blown to blown. You're inevitably going to have a blown area, with the sun, of course. But you can manage the highlights surround it better, I feel, to create a smoother/cleaner transition. Just locally, you don't have to play curves games on the whole image.

I think you need to work on the highlights. You like having the sun in-frame, but I never like the transition from non-blown to blown. You're inevitably going to have a blown area, with the sun, of course. But you can manage the highlights surround it better, I feel, to create a smoother/cleaner transition. Just locally, you don't have to play curves games on the whole image.

On my calibrated monitor I really don't see any harsh transitions going on here. At this point, the sun hadn't fully set, so what you see in the blown area is simply that, the diameter of the sun's projection. That said, I'll see if I can smooth things over even more in future shots for the heck of it, it's as much a stylistic choice as anything else :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back