Mentoring system suggestion

*pokes the mentors*
I know some of you have students already - any chance of forwarding me the names please?

You get a tax break for each one

That and it means I know how well this project is going - as well for sorting out any possible problems that might appear by knowing who is working with who and such

oh and for the Tax Break I will be needing your bank details as well - pm them to me ;)

Update:
Overall this is going well I feel - several mentors already have a small following of students.
However some still are without any students - so newer photographers there are places still available for you to get mentors - all those currently in the list in the mentor sticky still have space for more students so please don't be shy about asking :)

Update:
Overall this is going well I feel - several mentors already have a small following of students.
However some still are without any students - so newer photographers there are places still available for you to get mentors - all those currently in the list in the mentor sticky still have space for more students so please don't be shy about asking :)

I do not have the ability to send out pm's, most likely because i am such a greenie (Newbie) but i would love to be one of Mav's students! i do not know how to get in touch with him, can someone help me out?

Thanks TPF!

I'm in to help, please feel free to contact me, my info has been added to the Mentor sticky.
JC

I do not have the ability to send out pm's, most likely because i am such a greenie (Newbie) but i would love to be one of Mav's students! i do not know how to get in touch with him, can someone help me out?

Thanks TPF!

To get pms you have to have been a member for at least 10 days and posted 25 posts - its to stop spammers advertise (or spread nasty things) through pms.
Also Mav is now off the list as he has his full quota of students - this happened a few days ago, but I only just got round to removing him from the list. The rest of the mentors though are still available for students

If you don't mind me asking, what are you looking to learn? What are your needs there, TR?

Sorry Christopher, have been disconnected from the inner world of the "internetzzz" for a few days (work :( )

My "needs" are great and plentiful... i am a beginner in all senses of the word. so with that i need help with:

Composition
Lighting
Depth of Field
Panoramic
Post Processing
Framing
Macro

Basically, I strive to be a better photographer. I am an engineer and have a very symmetrical eye that i am trying to break away from. adversely i am a very dry humored person and i like to reflect my personality and humor in my pictures, but i am struggling to bring a "story" to my images.

So...i guess those are my needs! i am looking for help wherever it may come from!

my equipment:
Nikon D40
18mm-55mm Kit Lens
55mm-200mm Nikkor Lens
Circular polarizer
UV filter
Tripod

I am by no means trying to become a professional nor am i looking for someone to hold my hand but i am looking for constructive criticism!

Thanks for the time guys! i will leave this open to whomever wants to adopt a new student!

Rival - feel free to check into my public mentoring thread linked in my sig. Been pretty quiet for me lately. I think most of my students are folks like me that have kids and are probably busy like I've been doing stuff for the summer. Let me give it another week and if there's not much chatter I'd be happy to offically take you on as another student.

Rival - feel free to check into my public mentoring thread linked in my sig. Been pretty quiet for me lately. I think most of my students are folks like me that have kids and are probably busy like I've been doing stuff for the summer. Let me give it another week and if there's not much chatter I'd be happy to offically take you on as another student.

Absolutely Wonderful!

i will be clicking your mentor link after i finish this thread and look forward to hearing from you about a possible opening!

Just to add that a new mentor has joined the ranks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back