Metal flower - some C&C?

florenceinitaly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture of a series of mixing bowls found in my kitchen, I folded an aluminium foil flower and put it into one of the bowls with water - the point was to bring out a "metal" theme....what do you guys think?

4268734457_a6e5e1aa26.jpg

4268734397_202f625f03.jpg

Which one is better?

There's something odd about the unsettledness of the foil flower in the first image that adds something.

But I'd vote 2, overall it works more for me, like the shadows/relections on the bowls moving right to left.

The second one is a great shot.. Very original, great composition, and good lighting...
The only thing I can "pick at" in this is that it really doesn't make much sense for that to be there ... But I don't have a problem with that! And it's a little busy, but I like it regardless.

I like #2 better than #1. It's harder to distinguish the flower with the reflections in #1. #2 is a really cool shot though.

They both look great.......#2 just edges it though imo

very original........i like;)

thanks everyone for your comments - the more I look at it the more it seems like the picture could be made more simple and less busy, although I really like the colors and lighting myself too!

everyone loves #2 eh? :)

I like them both... but I actually like the 1st shot better. :D It's the one that keeps grabbing my eye. Its hard to distinguish if the flower is floating in mid air or as if it falling down into a beautiful bowl of water... with the light splashes surrounding it... I adore it! Beautiful color tones, IMO.

Can we ask how you did it?

Great Job on both! :thumbup:

number 2 is pretty neat, i was opening this thinking i was going to see some horrendous photoshopping, but was pleasantly surprised :)

thanks :) Actually I didn't really do anything special, it was just a series of metal mixing bowls of different sizes, with water filled in the last bowl. I put in the aluminium foil flower in the water under an incandescent lamp and fired away ^^

In PP, i turned up the contrast and saturation a tad...that was it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back