LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
FlomitLappen.jpg

Well, I am just a little excited as I am typing this, for this morning, Florian, my son, took his driving test (second attempt, ahem... but I took two tests, too, back then, and so did his dad), earlier this afternoon, he then took his sister to the pool for her swimming with me still sitting in the passenger's seat (trying not to say anything nor letting my feet move all by themselves), and now he left in my beemer all on his own in order to get Sabine home from the pool. Until this morning he has only ever driven a car with the instructor by his side, now he is all alone. Some experience for mommy to let her young fly... :confused:

An experience we as parents all go through. Nerve racking, joyful, with a dose of apprehension added just to keep the senses tingling. Congrats, and good luck Corina.

Nerve racking, joyful, with a dose of apprehension added

Exactly! That is just the way I feel right now. Whoa.
And will continue to feel until both of them are back home safely (which they still aren't but it is still early now, I doubt Sabine has even left the pool as yet, she's maybe only just leaving the changing rooms right now).

Very Cool Corinna!!! Yeah! : )

Funny when my oldest got his drivers license the gal who had to give it to him said to me "I had to pass him because he didn't do anything wrong, but that was the scariest ride I have ever had!" I said "tell me about it" He's much older now and drives much smoother but that was a harrowing experience I'll never forget! : )

Hey...it's ok.
If your family is anything like mine...you're worried for nothing, because he's a better driver than you ;)...ahahha

My mom freaks out when she's in the car with me. Yet, I've never had an accident, and she backs into everything in sight. *shrugs*.

I'm sure you can relax a bit. When I first started driving I was also pretty cautious about hitting things...lol

There is no better driver than me! :shock:
Ha! :grumpy:

:lol:

And he is a very sensible person, which is why I let him go all on his own on the very first day. He came back home with his sister, all right. I knew he would. Everything's good.

I have an idea of what your feeling... can you imagine what my mom went through when I told her I was learning to fly... lol

His dad used to fly, albeit "only" gliders. He had one air collision once - no good. But other than tearing a ligament in his foot he came out of it unharmed. The glider was totalled, though (so was the other - but the other pilot came out of it all unhurt).

So I am used to having people round me who fly. Only my son's dad (i.e. DH) today just "flies" in front of his computer screen. But he flies and flies and flies. ;)

well done to him!

i believe driving tests are much more difficult in germany than uk

I took the driving test and got rear ended! haha. Minor as it was, im sure it didnt look to good. I passed anyways. :)

My Mom worries all the time too. :D

I can't believe I've been driving more than 2 years already... I've avoided countless wrecks... some would have been severe. Never hit anything but a deer.

still alive. ;)

PS. your son looks so much older since the last time I saw him!

I remember the shots you posted from when he was out with one of the instructors, I must say he looks much happier with the little card as opposed to an instructor.

earlier this afternoon, he then took his sister to the pool for her swimming with me still sitting in the passenger's seat (trying not to say anything nor letting my feet move all by themselves)
:lmao: Heehee, that and involuntarily grabbing the door are so instinctive for parents driving with their newly licensed kids! Good for you for placing such trust in him so early as to let him pick up his sister from the pool on his own.

Corrina, Well done to your son and you for having gone through it!:lol:
My oldest is only 12 so I have it all to come:grumpy:

Andy

The driving age in Germany is 18, Right?

You got it easy! Here in the US I think every state is 16, and in Missouri the age for a learners permit is 15!

Hey Sideburns, I think we could have the same mom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back