Mini Racing Photos - A Humble Request for C&C

doubleoh7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine was retiring his Mini Cooper from the racing world and wanted me to shoot photos of the event. Below are a few of my favorites from the weekend. Your C&C would be greatly appreciated -

dsc_0367-XL.jpg

dsc_0284-XL.jpg

dsc_0461-XL.jpg

Thanks for your input -

I love mini's. I have a 2004 R53 cooper s. I like the first one. Looks very vintage. Is that a sepia filter of some kind. The second two are great as well. I feel like if you had obtained just a tiny bit of tail end motion blur in the second one, it would have given the effect that the car was speeding past. As it is, it almost looks stationary. Still wicked cool though.

Do some reading about visual image composition.

Centered subjects generally make for weak photos.

Thank you both -

Rancor, I have an r56 jcw and I share the same passion for mini's which is why I volunteered to make the 4 hr drive to the event. thanks for your input

KmH, aside from the loads of information here on the forum that would take hours to search thru, can you recommend a particular thread, book or website?

Understanding Exposure: 3rd edition. :)

That what I got recommended for just about everything.

I go on the mini/usa site about once every 4 months and design a custom mini, drool over it for about a minute, then realize it would cost about $55,000 and close the page. I'm happy with mine though.

Understanding Exposure: 3rd edition. :)

That what I got recommended for just about everything.

I go on the mini/usa site about once every 4 months and design a custom mini, drool over it for about a minute, then realize it would cost about $55,000 and close the page. I'm happy with mine though.

Sent you a pm

Most reactions

Back