Minolta maxxum 7000i

Reaction score
Good evening,
I hope I've come to the right place. A friend recently gave me a Minolta maxxum 7000i
film camera. She said a few years ago she was about to take a picture and dropped it on the ground, and it hasn't worked since. I would like to try to see if I can repair it and use it. I admit I don't have a lot of experience with film cameras. But if I can get it to work again. I would love to learn. I live in Southern Maine. Would anyone know a place I could bring the camera too, to get it looked at?
Now I have googled a few places. Such as Hunts photo and video. They do not do camera repairs. Neither does Photo Shop. That guy actually told me over the phone "good luck with that" and chuckled. So after that I'm just determined. If anyone could give me any advice I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Alicia

Cheaper to buy another one

Not much gets repaired any more. Mostly a throw away and replace society.

FB.me/CRFinTN Facebook
www.flickr.com/crf8/

I checked ebay, and 7000i's are selling from anywhere from $15.00-$60.00, with lens. You can't repair it for those prices. It's a bit of a historical camera in that it was the first auto focus SLR. I use a number of Minolta film cameras and they are excellent.

Most reactions

Back