Mirror Lake Pano

This is a good mirror panoramic with the sloping hills and distant mountain. If anything, I would have tried to omit the foreground shrubs.

I'm just wondering if a longer exposure would have created a more "smooth" effect on the water and eliminated any ripples? It's something I never experimented with.

Thank you. I know what you mean, my [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aperture was set at max and I wasn't able to run at slower shutter speed without compromising the exposure.
[/FONT]This incident helped me justify buying ND 2, 4 and 8 filters though :)

Good shot.. I dont like the color in the sky though.. looks very purple to me.

Any better technique to darken the sky and get more detail on the clouds?

The sky shade seems okay, but I'd play with the hue sliders and see what that does for the color.

Any better technique to darken the sky and get more detail on the clouds?

Would be cool to see the original to see what you started with for the sky color. The purple definitely seems a little off.

I'll post the original when I get home this Evening.

Looks washed out and like you've desaturated everything except the greens.

Can you tell me how you managed to freeze the water in the second picture? I would love to shoot something like that someday. I'm a beginner and I have a D3100, so any advice is welcome.

Can you tell me how you managed to freeze the water in the second picture? I would love to shoot something like that someday. I'm a beginner and I have a D3100, so any advice is welcome.

It's basically a long exposure. Put the camera in Manual more and you'll need a Tri-pod. Once you set the camera in manual mode I started by setting the Aperture at F/11 and match the shutter speed by looking at the built-in metering. let me know if that answers your question.

Most reactions

Back