Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Happy belated Halloween from Sybil!

p1237784938-4.jpg

Last edited:
Did she have some help from Johnny Walker Red?

I've missed Sybil!! We need to make a playdate w/ Emma.

Man that is super creepy. Did you come up on that just like that?

Misery ...naw she looks far too happy...
She's a happy girl at heart and she can't hide it.

Did she have some help from Johnny Walker Red?
I'll just say she did this to put bad thoughts in your head.

I've missed Sybil!! We need to make a playdate w/ Emma.
Sybil missed you too, but she says she's scared shirtless of Emma :)

Man that is super creepy. Did you come up on that just like that?
The scene was like that, but Sybil is a prop that I carry with me sometimes.

Thanks all!

That makes much more sense. I think had I walked up on that with the doll (Sybil?) sitting in that chair...I'd of just turned around and walked (maybe ran) away.

I just knew it'd be that creepy doll - I don't know why I opened it. Not one of your best portraits of her (light's a little too contrasty, imo) but the creep factor is there.

That makes much more sense. I think had I walked up on that with the doll (Sybil?) sitting in that chair...I'd of just turned around and walked (maybe ran) away.
Believe me, I would've done the same. Maybe I would've taken the photo first, then run.

I just knew it'd be that creepy doll - I don't know why I opened it. Not one of your best portraits of her (light's a little too contrasty, imo) but the creep factor is there.
LOL! I'm fine with your constructive criticism, but Sybil might not be – let me know if she shows up in your dreams tonight :)

Dude you for real carry that doll around with you? You are crazy man. That's got some seriously bad juju about it.

The late-Victorian house had long since been abandoned, but sound of a child's laughter which had come from inside drew me to come close to the fading edifice. Was it just the wind?

I pushed open the door which groaned on hinges which seemed to have not turned in years. Inside the foyer, the sickly green wallpaper, still clinging in strips, had long since begun to peel. Suddenly, there was echoed a sound of faint laughter from up the stairs. Given the instability of the rotting structure, I knew this was no place for a child to play. I began to climb the stairs, and my foot fell through the third step with a loud snap. Keeping my weight close to the bannister, I completed the ascent. To the left was hall, at the end of which was an open door. Inexplicably, I chose this direction, rather than checking the other rooms. As I went, I suddenly felt cold. Maybe it was a draft.

The fall sky shone through the tattered curtains in a soft glow. Outside, I could hear the chimes swinging from the porch, and the occasional call of crow in the distance. The room was mostly bare, with the same decaying wallpaper adorning the walls. There was only a chair by the window to provide furnishing. With each step, the floorboards creaked loudly, and a cloud of dust rose up. There was no one in here. I called out, but heard no response. Whoever was here must have had run off.

On the red shag-covered chair was an old doll. The curly ginger hair framed what was once a pleasant face, now grotesquely disfigured by the absence of a nose and blank staring eyes. Why would anyone play this thing? I felt an urge to take it with me. If the girl came back, she might miss it, but at least it might draw her out of the house. There was something curious about its expression. Did the smile change? Did the eyes move? No, the light must have played a trick. Still, I could not explain the desire to want to take it home. I felt a strange maternal affection come over me, something I had not felt before, or could easily describe.

I carried the doll in my arms as a mother would, cooing softly. "Sybil is your name. I'm going to take good care of you Sybil..."

I smiled as she giggled...

Very nice.

Have you been evolving while I was away?

This is very different.
BUT nice! Very nice.

The late-Victorian house had long since been abandoned, but sound of a child's laughter which had come from inside drew me to come close to the fading edifice. Was it just the wind?

I pushed open the door which groaned on hinges which seemed to have not turned in years. Inside the foyer, the sickly green wallpaper, still clinging in strips, had long since begun to peel. Suddenly, there was echoed a sound of faint laughter from up the stairs. Given the instability of the rotting structure, I knew this was no place for a child to play. I began to climb the stairs, and my foot fell through the third step with a loud snap. Keeping my weight close to the bannister, I completed the ascent. To the left was hall, at the end of which was an open door. Inexplicably, I chose this direction, rather than checking the other rooms. As I went, I suddenly felt cold. Maybe it was a draft.

The fall sky shone through the tattered curtains in a soft glow. Outside, I could hear the chimes swinging from the porch, and the occasional call of crow in the distance. The room was mostly bare, with the same decaying wallpaper adorning the walls. There was only a chair by the window to provide furnishing. With each step, the floorboards creaked loudly, and a cloud of dust rose up. There was no one in here. I called out, but heard no response. Whoever was here must have had run off.

On the red shag-covered chair was an old doll. The curly ginger hair framed what was once a pleasant face, now grotesquely disfigured by the absence of a nose and blank staring eyes. Why would anyone play this thing? I felt an urge to take it with me. If the girl came back, she might miss it, but at least it might draw her out of the house. There was something curious about its expression. Did the smile change? Did the eyes move? No, the light must have played a trick. Still, I could not explain the desire to want to take it home. I felt a strange maternal affection come over me, something I had not felt before, or could easily describe.

I carried the doll in my arms as a mother would, cooing softly. "Sybil is your name. I'm going to take good care of you Sybil..."

I smiled as she giggled...
LOL! It looks like you've been to abandoned houses before. The description of your foot falling through the stairs is spot on :)

Have you been evolving while I was away?
I don't know, I keep asking myself that question. I've been in and out of ruts, selling some prints, showing here and there... I'm happy with where my photography is right now and looking forward to see where it takes me.

I think the window is too bright, it pulls my eye too too much
Agreed. I think this is the best that could be done without resorting to HDR. Perhaps I should try lightening the doll, but that would remove some "darkness" from the frame.

Thanks all for your feedback!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back