Mist Machine

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An epic 226 foot waterfall that cascades and converges, Proxy Falls in the deep Oregon wilderness. If you're anywhere near this fall, you'll be misted frequently. It made it very challenging to keep the front element clean, as it was entirely covered in mist after every shot.

Mist Machine
by Majeed Badizadegan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Majeed, very nice. I checked this one out on the web and it looks like there are a lot of falls in the same vicinity. After my experience there (Oregon) last fall, I am beginning to think that one could photograph a different falls every week and still not have enough time to photograph all the falls in Oregon in a lifetime. :D

WesternGuy

Majeed, very nice. I checked this one out on the web and it looks like there are a lot of falls in the same vicinity. After my experience there (Oregon) last fall, I am beginning to think that one could photograph a different falls every week and still not have enough time to photograph all the falls in Oregon in a lifetime. :D

WesternGuy

I think you're right about that. I try to go to the really epic, big ones :).

Sir, This is one amazing shot. I like how you posted about the mist and stuff. Shows that for a good photograph one must go deep.

I visited your website, it's filled with amazing art. Even some tutorials and workshops! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 2 Pro

WOW!! :drool:

I have a question, where did you keep the tripod? It looks as if it's at the middle of the falls.

Sir, This is one amazing shot. I like how you posted about the mist and stuff. Shows that for a good photograph one must go deep.

Thanks. To describe a little further, the camera was completely covered with a rain jacket. The polarizer (BW Kasemann Multi-Resistant coating) allowed me to wipe water way with ease. A friend of mine was using a polarizer without this coating and was having significantly more trouble. Even with a lens hood and rain jacket, the mist would cover the lens in 5 seconds.

I visited your website, it's filled with amazing art. Even some tutorials and workshops! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 2 Pro

I appreciate you looking at my website! I teach via skype, sometimes, and am currently starting an advanced nature photography course locally.
WOW!! :drool:

I have a question, where did you keep the tripod? It looks as if it's at the middle of the falls.

The tripod and myself were precariously positioned over a rapid. I was leaning against a wet log.

Thanks. To describe a little further, the camera was completely covered with a rain jacket. The polarizer (BW Kasemann Multi-Resistant coating) allowed me to wipe water way with ease. A friend of mine was using a polarizer without this coating and was having significantly more trouble. Even with a lens hood and rain jacket, the mist would cover the lens in 5 seconds.

Wow, some hard work right there. Now I get why there was not as much mist in the photo as you described, perks of polarizing filter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back