Mixed feelings about this one....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's not often I am so conflicted about a shot, this one has me at an impasse.

I will be printing this set as a gift and am not sure if I should include or exclude this frame.

I feel like their expressions missed the mark, but I like the posing and framing.

What say ye???

37536114470_c62af3d07c_c.jpg

I have no real issues with it to your hesitation, id just clean up the flare on her feet a bit.

I have no real issues with it to your hesitation, id just clean up the flare on her feet a bit.
Any good links on that? Lens flare correction isn't in my current skill set.

spot brush, bring up the shadows, probably all It needs.

The expressions look fine to me. But then again I'm into wildlife and nature.

spot brush, bring up the shadows, probably all It needs.
Thanks! I will give it a go on my lunch break.

The expressions look fine to me. But then again I'm into wildlife and nature.

Thank you for chiming in! :) Kids really are a lot like wildlife anyways, so you are practically an expert! :Giggle:

Last edited:
I love the expressions, asking the question, "are we done yet? " if the smiles really bother you, you could try to liquify them up into something more appealing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The expressions are fantastic; not every picture has to have a gleaming white smile, and the pose is great as well. Again, this image seems a little hot to me, but I'm not on my calibrated monitor ATM. What I don't like is the stool. I look at it, and my first question is, "WTF is that doing there?" Had it been a rock, stump, hillock... anything naturally occurring, this would have been THE shot from the session, but to me, that stool, which has no reason to be there, really, really hurts it.

I love the expressions, asking the question, "are we done yet? " if the smiles really bother you, you could try to liquify them up into something more appealing.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ohh! When you said this, I realized I had a shot of them smiling in this post, but with closed eyes. A smile swap seems to have been just the thing it needed!

Thanks for sparking the idea! :)

Here is the updated version, with the smiles. I adjusted the contrast and shadows in the lens flare, and added a bit of vignetting.

37086817694_2b259efe43_c.jpg

The expressions are fantastic; not every picture has to have a gleaming white smile, and the pose is great as well. Again, this image seems a little hot to me, but I'm not on my calibrated monitor ATM. What I don't like is the stool. I look at it, and my first question is, "WTF is that doing there?" Had it been a rock, stump, hillock... anything naturally occurring, this would have been THE shot from the session, but to me, that stool, which has no reason to be there, really, really hurts it.

Yes! You've definitely hit the nail on the head there. I will keep this in mind for future sessions. Thank you for pointing it out.
PS-
I am going to have DH cut me out a small stump to drag along on my next outdoor shoot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back