Model Shoot

wyogirl

Oh crop!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This past weekend I participated in a 3 day workshop through WPPA and was able to earn 3 PPA Merits towards my Master Photographer "degree" through PPA. For one of the workshops, we took a model out to the sand dunes and shot for like 3 hours. I feel like I learned so much. I didn't have control of the strobes for most of my shots but I felt like I came away with usable images.... not fantastic competition worthy images, but sellable ones. C&C is always welcome and appreciated. Here is what I shot:

1. Model-1 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

2. Model-2 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

3. Model-3 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

4. Model-4 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

5. Model-5 by Amanda McClure, on Flickr

All of these are very nice. #1 is the best but I feel I should reach out and keep her from falling backwards. I do love these soft colors.

I really like that last one, the colors in the sky and water give it a surreal beauty. Great work.

#1 is wonderful, she looks like an Angel.

Nicely done; #3 is a little weak on the fill, but overall a good, strong set under pretty challenging conditions!

Thanks guys. Challenging is the word of the day. Wyoming wind does not play around with reflectors and getting equipment and model up to the top of the dunes was "fun". I have a big job of de-sanding my tripod ahead of me. Fun fact of the day--- there are ponds in the dunes that occur because snow gets covered by blowing sand, and then melts in the summer. There were tadpoles swimming with our model in the shot with the water.

A little more fill light would have been nice, but like you said, wind is a game changer!
Great set, lovely work. :)
I would have loved to see some more artistic work with the model and the reflection in the water. Are these dunes very far from you?

About 40 miles..... 20 of which are dirt road

Sounds like a really cool off the beaten path kinda place, I love those! :)
You should set up to shoot again one of these days. :)

I'm planning on shooting a competition piece out there with a 6 year old girl who has the most striking eyes I've ever seen. And our studio is shooting a dance team out there next month. It's inaccessible for about 7-8 months out of the year but it's pretty popular in the summer.

I'm planning on shooting a competition piece out there with a 6 year old girl who has the most striking eyes I've ever seen. And our studio is shooting a dance team out there next month. It's inaccessible for about 7-8 months out of the year but it's pretty popular in the summer.

Can't wait to see what you get out of those shoots to come! :)

Most reactions

Back