Model shot/portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a workmanlike photograph of a modestly attractive model, which someone did a fairly bad job of cutting out and pasting on a new background.

Some interesting choices: Styling her hair unkempt, failing to cover up or photoshop out the moles. The lighting setup (looks like one on each side, very high, and the a catchlight camera-right, and god knows what you did on the background, since it's been 'shopped out?) is unusual and normally unflattering, but since her eye sockets are so shallow this may well have been an excellent choice to give her some depth there.

The dress is rendered quite nicely, which makes it a pity that nobody brushed it off better before the shot. There appears to be a fair bit of tiny bits of dust and lint on it.

More of an exotic looking model than an attractive one, and some interesting less-flattering choices here.

Not a high-end shoot here, I don't think. If it was a big dollar shoot, it would either be cleaner, or more obviously dirtied up.

Do I like it? Apart from the background, I kind of do. I'm not that in to fashion or photographs of models, though, in general.

It looks like a workmanlike photograph of a modestly attractive model, which someone did a fairly bad job of cutting out and pasting on a new background.

Some interesting choices: Styling her hair unkempt, failing to cover up or photoshop out the moles. The lighting setup (looks like one on each side, very high, and the a catchlight camera-right, and god knows what you did on the background, since it's been 'shopped out?) is unusual and normally unflattering, but since her eye sockets are so shallow this may well have been an excellent choice to give her some depth there.

The dress is rendered quite nicely, which makes it a pity that nobody brushed it off better before the shot. There appears to be a fair bit of tiny bits of dust and lint on it.

More of an exotic looking model than an attractive one, and some interesting less-flattering choices here.

Not a high-end shoot here, I don't think. If it was a big dollar shoot, it would either be cleaner, or more obviously dirtied up.

Do I like it? Apart from the background, I kind of do. I'm not that in to fashion or photographs of models, though, in general.

Thanks for the comment.
First the background, all I did was remove the vertical lines of the big container which is/was the background. I intentionally let alot of the roughness in the background, because that's what I wanted.
Moles are there because I wanted them to be there. There is no lightning setup. It's natural light with no reflectors.

And no, it's not high-end. They asked me to participate as a beginner with a couple of my best shots.

Thanks again.

The bad cutting is evident in her hair. Since her hair isn't perfect and sleek, it's INSANELY hard to do much of anything to the background without it looking like crap.

Well done getting this with just the sun! I swear it looks like at least three lights. Did you use reflectors? (improvised or otherwise)?

I like it at first glance. Quick glance.
There is something really wrong with the photoshop work on her chest and the dress there and on the shoulder. The shoulder to our right is flat and much wider than the other. In full size it doesn't look so much like a cut paste muck up, but I can see your work on the background in spots and around her hair. Your cloning work you have not added appropriate amount of noise to and it's fake smooth looking against the actual image parts.

Even in the largest size the eyes look fake and incredibly over sharpened.

It needs some post work, but it isn't horrible. It also looks a bit too sharp. The lighting set up and hair position creates a diagonal shadow over part of her face that is distracting. Can you re-shoot?

The bad cutting is evident in her hair. Since her hair isn't perfect and sleek, it's INSANELY hard to do much of anything to the background without it looking like crap.

Well done getting this with just the sun! I swear it looks like at least three lights. Did you use reflectors? (improvised or otherwise)?

There is some smudging left in the hair, because nothing was cut and yes it is quite difficult to do well. It didn't bother me that much, which is probably why I'm not high-end hehe. And no reflectors.

There is something really wrong with the photoshop work on her chest and the dress there and on the shoulder. The shoulder to our right is flat and much wider than the other. In full size it doesn't look so much like a cut paste muck up, but I can see your work on the background in spots and around her hair. Your cloning work you have not added appropriate amount of noise to and it's fake smooth looking against the actual image parts.

I'd really love to give an explanation, but it's just her pose I guess. She's standing quite leaned on one side. On the background, I stopped smoothing when it looked OK to me. But yes, you can indeed see some of the smudging around her hair.
Thanks for the comment.

Her eyes look wayyy overcooked. Like maybe she's on bath salts!!! And, uh...wazzup with her breasts??? Can there actually *be* that much space between her shoulder line and her breasts?? I mean, it looks like she was "stretched" in post...'cause the girls appear to be riding mighty,mighty low...

Her eyes look wayyy overcooked. Like maybe she's on bath salts!!! And, uh...wazzup with her breasts??? Can there actually *be* that much space between her shoulder line and her breasts?? I mean, it looks like she was "stretched" in post...'cause the girls appear to be riding mighty,mighty low...

I'll make sure she gets to read that, very helpful comment about her breasts for future shots.

There is some smudging left in the hair, because nothing was cut and yes it is quite difficult to do well. It didn't bother me that much, which is probably why I'm not high-end hehe. And no reflectors.

I'd really love to give an explanation, but it's just her pose I guess. She's standing quite leaned on one side. On the background, I stopped smoothing when it looked OK to me. But yes, you can indeed see some of the smudging around her hair.
Thanks for the comment.
I can see a LOT more than that in your background.

Derrel likes the girls with the titties way up high, way up firm an' high oh yeah workin on our.. uh sorry.

While a nice image, something about it disturbs me and holds my attention. Which might just what makes this image work in some way.

My eyes are drawn to her chest area, mostly because it's the area of the image with the greatest amount of lightness (her chest is brighter than her face), her pale skin framed by the dark blue of the dress is distracting, then add to the fact the large space between her breasts, and the lack of shadow/detail under the breast, it's just over powering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back