modeling photography advice

brianyi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm due tomorrow to shoot some pictures of my friend and her new car. Why? It's just something fun to do on my day off. I'm not sure if the type of car matters, it's a Hyundai Genesis Grand Touring 3.8. Any tips on how she should dress and how I am to guide her?

Find examples (look in any car mag) and use those as a guide.

dont do it like this

ellie035_sm.jpg

lol

My eyes! I could have gone with never seeing those pictures again after the first time they made their rounds on the intarwebz!

dont do it like this

ellie035_sm.jpg

lol
Oh dude, that's from an epic thread but I can't recall the forum... Classic.
from what i remember it's a body building forum, and the OP was quite serious.
anyways... so there's no site with tips? i should just mirror the stuff in the magazines?

it was a boodybuilding forum...the thread has since been removed, and yes the OP was dead serious.

moving on...

what does your equipment list look like?...
reason i ask is that a major aspect of car photography and model photography is lighting

it was a boodybuilding forum...the thread has since been removed, and yes the OP was dead serious.

moving on...

what does your equipment list look like?...
reason i ask is that a major aspect of car photography and model photography is lighting

I planned on purchasing a strobe, and from the looks of it, I'm about to go out and buy one from best buy.
So I'm looking at a XSi, kit lens(not much of a choice), speedlite 430ex, and maybe some filters depending on the weather.
I'm doing this for fun and experience, if anywhere, these pictures are going on facebook, mind you.

i think that 430ex will help the shoot a lot. you can angle and rotate it..that;s a plus since direct light from cam will really show in the paint of the car.

i dont shoot canon, so i dont know its lighting system at all, but can the 430ex slave off the Xsi?
if it can, move that flash all over the place...down low firing up...up high firing down...cam left...cam right...so many options! :D

if the Xsi cannot command the flash, maybe consider a cable so you can at least hold the flash off cam?

enjoy the shoot! and post up results :)

*EDIT*
also, if you dont have one already, snag a polarizer filter while youre at BB...it will help reduce the reflections in the paint.:thumbup:

WOW.. that was just.. wrong.. on so many levels!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back