Monitor Calibration - help

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photoshop CS had a little calibration tool/program that used 3 gray bars on a gray square to adjust the monitor. I recall it being in windows Control Panel area. I have CS2 now and can’t find this option. Am I recalling wrong, has it been moved or gone all together. And what’s it called. :scratch:

duncanp

Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
hmmm... i know what you mean but i cant find it either... those spyder things work well the art department at school have one and the difference is big if your colours are just a little out..

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
You are thinking of Adobe Gamma...I don't know where to find it though.

DepthAfield

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If Gamma was included with CS2, you should be able to find it with a Windows Explorer search *gamma*.

Nothing works as well as calibration hardware (a spyder) though... Pantone ColorVision makes one that can be purchased for under $100US. It would be money well spent.

OP
Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes

Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
DepthAfield said:
If Gamma was included with CS2, you should be able to find it with a Windows Explorer search *gamma*----.

Did a search on “gamma” found the remains of an old short cut to adobe gamma but no program, it’s list on their site but they does not give mush info, i am missing some patches so guess it’s time to reload and up all the patches

Most reactions