Montana Sunset C&C

stickboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We finally had a break in the weather today, so I got some shots around sunset. Let me know what you guys think.

Looks like a nice preview of what is coming it way to Billings!

Not so big a fan of the first one but the sunsets aren't bad. Could have used a ND filter to bring out the ground a bit more on that last one. Still like it though. Any jobs out that way? I could use some Big Sky sunsets. Love that country.

Jobs in Billings are good, market doesn't seem quite so saturated with photographers as Casper, WY was. City is growing rapidly, what kind of work are you looking for?

I actually like # 1 best. I think you could have waited another 30 minutes or so to get a better exposure on the sky, but I like the angle. Reminds me of home on a crisp fall evening.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the crop on #2 cause I think you're right (will get to that in the morning and post back). Since I am still a newbie, I don't have an ND filter yet, but it's on the short list, especially since I see myself shooting mostly landscapes and stuff like this. Any recommendations on brand and/or strength for sunsets and such?

Jobs in Billings are good, market doesn't seem quite so saturated with photographers as Casper, WY was. City is growing rapidly, what kind of work are you looking for?

I'm in environmental. Currently inspect mines for compliance (above ground) but I'd love to get away from that. Been to the Montana/Wyoming area twice and love it out there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back