Moonlightning

rolandog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello. It's my first post here. I wanted to ask to the photographic experts if the following EXIF data sounds ok. This picture was taken at the Gulf of Mexico.

My question mainly would be to ask if the lightning during the time looks ok to you guys.

Perhaps the time and date of the camera was not set to the time over there, but I wanted to know from the pros.

ml2properties.jpg

The image I'm talking about can be found here. (Use it wisely, if I run out of bandwith, there are other copies hosted by google on my blog over here, but are on a lower resolution.

This pics were published about a month ago, and got a bit of attention from the public eye.
More information about the pictures can be found on my blog, over this post.

As a note: I looked for discussions about this picture here, but couldn't find any.

UPDATE: Sorry, forgot to cite the author of the picture, Marc-André Besel

Dude, that photo is amazing. I don't know why you are worried about the exif data. You used a long exposure to get these shots, and that's pretty much the way most people photograph lightning. Did you buy chance taken any other exposures, shorter ones perhaps where the moon isn't blown out? You could merge two photos and really blow peoples minds :p

Digital Matt said:
Dude, that photo is amazing. I don't know why you are worried about the exif data. You used a long exposure to get these shots, and that's pretty much the way most people photograph lightning. Did you buy chance taken any other exposures, shorter ones perhaps where the moon isn't blown out? You could merge two photos and really blow peoples minds :p
LOL, thanks for thinking that was my photo. I'm sorry to tell you that the picture was not taken by me. But, other pictures were taken at the same site. You can check them out here

Digital Matt said:
I wouldn't post this in the critique forum if you didn't take it. This forum is for critiques of your photos. If you have questions about how to take lightning photos, I'd post that in General Photography and Camera Q&A

Thanks Matt. I appreciate the suggestion. I just wanted to make sure the data was ok, or seemed ok to you guys, so that I could answer another friend of mine and tell her what the specs and exposure time were.

Thanks.

I know rolandog didn't take them, but they are amazing shots. The one with multiple bolts is spectacular.
Hmmm... I don't think England will have lightning for a while now. But we have been told snow might be coming! Snow is great, makes the ugliest structures look pretty.

You F%$#@& WOW~!!! that is sooo amazing shot!!! huh... you see... lack of words... whoa.... congrats!

ok... now I read that it wasn't your shot
ehhh but still it is great

Dude, I've spent 5 minutes trying to find the picture. All I could see is the exif. I'm not searching your blog for it. Sorry I didn't have time to view your pic--I'm outta here

canonrebel said:
Dude, I've spent 5 minutes trying to find the picture. All I could see is the exif. I'm not searching your blog for it. Sorry I didn't have time to view your pic--I'm outta here

Did you try clicking where it says "The image I'm talking about can be found here."?

Sorry for not posting it, but because of it's big size I didn't want to have my bandwith finished in like 2 days...

Most reactions

Back