Moral Question

My Monday started out pretty good. I went with Alison to the baby check-up. Then I came back to work to find out that the company I work for has been bought out by another large company and we're having a mass gathering today at 4PM where the CEO is going to let us know what's happening. I'm not really worried about it because we are an important part of the process and our office is the most efficient one of the four main offices. Ahhh...the pleasures of corporate America. :mrgreen:

Unimaxium said:
But today's a US holiday too. :confused: It's Columbus day. I'm even off from school for it.
Some schools are closed, some are open. There's no mail service and the banks are closed; it's a Federal holiday. Meaning my hubby has the day off, too, as an aerial photographer for the state DOT. :sigh: But for most of us working stiffs, it's just another Monday (with lighter traffic).

At least I'll have dinner cooked for me yet another night. :cheer:

What a way to start the week, Hobbes! :shock: Good luck at the meeting, hope it goes the way you want it to.

terri said:
What a way to start the week, Hobbes! :shock: Good luck at the meeting, hope it goes the way you want it to.

I look at it as potential paternity leave :mrgreen:

My company is also open today.

Yeah...no school here at the local school, but my boyfriend still has class at his university today. And no, there is no mail or bank. Dammit.

Yeah, I really don't know why I'm fugging working.

Mind you, I have gotten through to people, so not everyone has the holiday today. They're just using it as an excuse to have a day off it seems.

Can't wait till November though. Two day Thanksgiving!!!

bace said:
Yeah, I really don't know why I'm fugging working.

Mind you, I have gotten through to people, so not everyone has the holiday today. They're just using it as an excuse to have a day off it seems.

I feel like I should know this, but do you Canadian people have the same T-giving days that the US does? Ours is the last Thursday of November every year (the 24th this year) and most people get that Friday off, too. :cheer:

Alison: you're always thinking, aren't ya? ;) That would be kind of a nifty time for both of you, at home with the newborn. :heart:

If I'm not mistaken, Thanksgiving in Canada was this past weekend...mmmm......Thanksgiving.

And yes Terri, I have already devised about 17 back up plans for all possibilities :mrgreen: It's just my nature and it keeps me from worrying!

bace said:
It's on my little work calendar as today in Canada, which is why this comment from Bace made me ask. He could be confused, though, being a misplaced Englander and all. :mrgreen:

Today is Canadian thanksgiving. This is why i'm complaining about being at work today. But in November, I get to take the two day AMERICAN holiday, because I work for an American company, and it would be pointless trying to call people because NO-ONE would be there.

Now who's the confused one terri...eh? EH?

Touche.

bace said:
Today is Canadian thanksgiving. This is why i'm complaining about being at work today. But in November, I get to take the two day AMERICAN holiday, because I work for an American company, and it would be pointless trying to call people because NO-ONE would be there.

Now who's the confused one terri...eh? EH?

Touche.
Why, you are, muffin, if you think that warrants a "touche". :mrgreen:

And yeah, we yanks rule on the T-Day. :sexywink:

Everything warrants a touche!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back