More brain picking...since you guys rock today....

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so this is my selection of where I want to start for one of my themes. I'm not sure how many of these four I want to use, or which yet. I kinda like them all, two of them I really like and two I am not sure if I want to spend as much time on them as might be needed. I may use one, I may use them all, I dunno.

Since I suck at creative thinking today, I'm all ears for ideas.

I'm going to take a break, give my eyes a rest, and watch Archer, then start on these. Since you guys rock today, I thought I'd throw up the before shots in case you see anything major to point out that will save me headaches later.

In case you missed my other recent posts, the neg space is there for text and hearts and chit like that later once I get the images processed correctly. I know they are a bit flat now and that sort, they are just raws turned jpg real quick in order to post them here.

I know, some of your eyes may be drawn left due to the bright spot on back, I'll be fixing that first thing once I start PP. lol.

I think if I had to pick just one I'd use shot 2. But here is my little annoyances with each of them...so please feel free to add if I missed something.

-I have a few plans for some liquify here and there, mostly on her arm in shot one, and I'm uncertain about the gap between them.
-Unsure about the hand in shot two on her back/butt
-She tensed up her arm in shot 3 so I gotta fix, and I'm unsure about her hair on the side next to his face. I may steal her head off shot two..I dunno.
-I really liked 4 but I didn't get enough fill on her (easily fixable I know...just trying to get lighting better to make pp easier, lol) and his face...but what bothers me is the hot spot on his arm. Not sure if that's an insta-kill for me or not.

Thanks and have fun. Be picky...I may like your idea I may not, but I won't know if you don't say it. I don't get butthurt. ;-)

8396006923_f047d79bdd_c.jpg

8397087904_a3f14b7287_c.jpg

8396003385_f6aff7d83b_c.jpg

8397084350_7cf1c55920_c.jpg

Last edited:
crap, hold on, wrong link for shot two

*fixed*

Last edited:
Damnit pally, you're overly needy today!!! I like the second and third up there if you fix what you plan to on them. Don't have time for Flickr right now, I'll check them in a bit.

I like Mully's crop.

In the originals, pretty much the whole top third of the frame is just wasted. If you just wanted to leave room to crop, I would have panned down and done the cropping on the bottom. It just seems like there would be more options that way...

I like the last one, the cropped version Mully did more so.

Also, Archer is back??

Just wanted to pop in to say that I'm not so put off by the bright spot on the left, but more that you're shooting off the background in the upper left or don't have the BG light coverage that you need. Just in case you didn't notice that. Easy fix though.

How many nits are you up for?

Of the four, I like the last one best, as they seem the most naturally together. Unfortunately his shirt is blown out in that one, maybe you can pull it out from the raw with layers. Maybe the light could have been more to the front on his side, as there is a well of shadow on their faces between them in some of the shots. You'll probably want to use a transition mask to lighten it in layers.

His shirt... fresh out the pack where he bought it, eh? Should have ironed it, and probably should have tucked it in too.

The posing is a little mechanical. I usually start with some mechanical stuff just to get everyone working and warmed up... but I once you have these shots... you should let them play some... take one of those roses and let mister hold it in his teeth. Let her decide what that makes her think of doing. Maybe bonking him on the head with another one of the roses. Or maybe both of them sharing one of the roses in their teeth. Stuff like that.

It's not always so much how creative you can be either because they have to look comfortable... sometimes it's what scenario you can create and then nudge them and get them moving and having fun with it.

And try to catch them in action, not just posed and ready for you. These mostly look quite posed, in the "I'm mildly uncomfortable" way.

In the one shot, he has the "stress forehead" between the eyebrows. When I see that, I usually have the model(s) close their eyes and relax their face... then open their eyes (sometimes with instructions to open them wide if they tend to be squinty) and act the emotion on command... *ready*go*snap*flash*. It takes away the "what now is this good I'm not sure I think so oh I want to move are we done yet with this pose" look.

Just some thoughts that come to mind as I consider if I had been shooting this session.

Thanks nyc....god info.

It seems many of you missed the part where I said the negative space was there for a reason. lol how many replied about it so far? lol

I am putting text, words, hearts , maybe some cupids up there...it is not wasted space. These images will be used for my advertising for V Day shooting. so that neg space is there for a reason.

Yeah tyler, I f'ed up the backlighting on it during shoot, so I'm just gonna make it all white when I get to workin on them. My light I was using was not enough to cover it all and I kept placing it wrong, I should have just used two.

and I didn't concern myself with that black bit at the top as it was going to be cropped down a little anyway rendering that gone.

View attachment 33036

I like this image the best out of the group ....my quick edit

WHile I like the crop, and that is probly how I would crop it, it's not getting cropped. lol. You just skimmed my text didn't you? lol, I feared typing out too much would bore people and they'd just skim.

oh, and nyc, along the lines you were saying with comfortability, these were the first series of pose shots....so I def see more rigid than the ones at the end. I have 5 other poses and 3 wardrobe changes, just have not gotten through them all yet. But I def see the relaxed state in the later shots. I shoulda done something else before this seriies....lol

...and hell yeah Archer is finally back. Episode one is up on piratebay. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back