more from my first model

NoelNTexas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just some more pictures from my first model shoot..

P3220014.jpg

jess.jpg

P3220016.jpg

Can't comment about too much here since it is cropped just as a head shot. That being the case, it brings much more attention to the eyes in each of these. In each of these, I would critique the eye direction. I think in general, it's best to (1) have the eyes focusing in line with the nose and (2) you generally want to avoid having a space between the eyelid and the iris. You want the colored part of the eye touching the eyelid (generally). Also the lighting isn't very flattering IMO.
Just my .02

In the first one, I'd like to see her rotate towards the camera a bit more...she is straining too much to look back and her other eyes is in a dark shadow. I like the second one but I agree that the direction of her gaze isn't helping. Same for the third one but again, I like the lighting.

You may want to work some skin editing into your work flow. She has what looks like a blemish on her cheek and it draws the viewer's eyes. Deciding how much to edit the skin is a question of personal taste...I like to soften it a bit and get rid of spots etc. Maybe I'll have a try at it, to show you what I mean.

Ugh Isn't big Mike awesome? I agree with what he was saying.
And Johnboy- I didnt know those rules about the eyes - i just jotted them down in my head thanks!
I so wish I could post here to get comments but I'm not a proffesisional so I'll just keep waiting til the day I get paid for a job - then I will be here! :blushing:
I got paid in chinese food for one - does that count? haha - I crack me up. :D

Most reactions

Back