More NEOWISE comet photos

#1 is just superb. You have become a very capable shooter over the last year.

Fantastic shots, love that it's a coastal scene. Great colours in 3, love the foreground rocky water in 5. The best balanced I think is 2, as you've held the exposure for a little detail in the house and the lighthouse, got a bit of foreground water and is compositionally very good. All great shots though.

Very nice!

Thanks!

These are great! I tried and failed miserably .....

I went back out last night and got nothing. Low clouds spoiled what might have been a nice shot over an old barn!
I agree. All are very nicely done.

Thanks!

#1 is just superb. You have become a very capable shooter over the last year.

Thanks for noticing - I’ve been putting in a lot of time and trying to critique my own shots and improve. The covid boredom has helped in this regard. Not a lot of socializing to get in the way.

Fantastic shots, love that it's a coastal scene. Great colours in 3, love the foreground rocky water in 5. The best balanced I think is 2, as you've held the exposure for a little detail in the house and the lighthouse, got a bit of foreground water and is compositionally very good. All great shots though.

Thanks! I appreciate the detailed feedback. I’ve sold at least one print of the vertical at sunset and have another alleged buyer for that one who has yet to Venmo me so could be fos. I’m not in this with any thoughts of making any money but if I can sell a few prints I can get that tracker that I’ve been wanting!

Wonderful shots Sharon!

I thought about getting a few shots but I'm just glad I saw it.

A few more from last night. Will be trying a stack and some more detailed editing over the weekend but here are some of my favorites with a quick crop and some noise reduction and sharpening.

1. got some nice backlighting from a boat that passed by
the comet! by SharonCat..., on Flickr

2. this was as the comet seemed to be moving further away

3. didn't even know the comet was in this one of the sunset until I edited it! I was playing with taking some long exposures waiting for the sky to darken
Comet at sunset by SharonCat..., on Flickr

4. a better crop of the one I posted earlier?

5. first sighting of the comet!
A few more from last night. Will be trying a stack and some more detailed editing over the weekend but here are some of my favorites with a quick crop and some noise reduction and sharpening.

3. didn't even know the comet was in this one of the sunset until I edited it! I was playing with taking some long exposures waiting for the sky to darken

Simply outstanding

Wonderful shots Sharon!

I thought about getting a few shots but I'm just glad I saw it.

Thank you!

Simply outstanding

‘Thanks!

Wow these are fantastic!! #4 my favourite

Thank you!

Great shots.

WesternGuy

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back