More NEOWISE comet photos

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few more from last night. Will be trying a stack and some more detailed editing over the weekend but here are some of my favorites with a quick crop and some noise reduction and sharpening.

1. got some nice backlighting from a boat that passed by
the comet! by SharonCat..., on Flickr

2. this was as the comet seemed to be moving further away

3. didn't even know the comet was in this one of the sunset until I edited it! I was playing with taking some long exposures waiting for the sky to darken
Comet at sunset by SharonCat..., on Flickr

4. a better crop of the one I posted earlier?

5. first sighting of the comet!

Last edited:
Holy crap! These are awesome!! Every one of them is just beautiful. Terrific job on editing as well as your general compositions.

Nice image set. I may see if I can find the comet tonight. I think it might be to late. =]

Nice image set. I may see if I can find the comet tonight. I think it might be to late. =]

Too late tonight or too late over all? Not sure about AZ but here in New England I read it will be visible through 7/24 or 25.

Too late tonight or too late over all? Not sure about AZ but here in New England I read it will be visible through 7/24 or 25.
It says Arizona has a chance tonight, approx. one hour after sunset aim Northwest below the Big Dipper. I will check it out. I will be up because my son is driving back from his Colorado trip and will not be here until approx. midnight. =]

It says Arizona has a chance tonight, approx. one hour after sunset aim Northwest below the Big Dipper. I will check it out. I will be up because my son is driving back from his Colorado trip and will not be here until approx. midnight. =]

Yes look at the lowest point on the big dipper and consider that 12 o'clock. Then look at where 5 o'clock would be - at about 10 degrees above the horizon, You're in a dark sky area so it should be very easy to spot with the naked eye.

Another lovely set of images. I'm a sucker for long exposures. These are very well done.

Awesome, Sharon. I'm going to try this weekend. I understand it's supposed to be in the Northwest, so I figure my best chances are along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake (Kent Island), though the WW Bridge (I-95, south of DC) has a pedestrian trail along the north edge of the span.

Exceptional! Loved every one of them.

Another lovely set of images. I'm a sucker for long exposures. These are very well done.

Thanks!

Very good set......

Thank you...

Awesome, Sharon. I'm going to try this weekend. I understand it's supposed to be in the Northwest, so I figure my best chances are along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake (Kent Island), though the WW Bridge (I-95, south of DC) has a pedestrian trail along the north edge of the span.

Both locations sound promising. It was higher in the sky than I expected so any northwest facing view that’s relatively flat should do it. I’ve seen a few shots with it over mountains but I don’t think they were taken in the US. Looking forward to seeing what you get.

Exceptional! Loved every one of them.

Thanks so much!

Sharon, those are absolutely gorgeous shots. As someone else noted "wall hangers" for sure.

Sharon, those are absolutely gorgeous shots. As someone else noted "wall hangers" for sure.

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.

Most reactions

Back