More Tiger Shots

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I posted one of these tiger shots earlier today but I made some corrections (thanks ovveread) and added a few more. With all the cool montages going on with one of the schools it got my creative juices flowing to do my ownsort of art. I don't know how to put this on one canvas but I'm sure I can find a suitable tutorial somewhere. What I want to know is what everyone thinks of these shots. I plan on printing these out as a set and getting them in a nice single frame. For the middle one I have the full body shot of her laying down. I was thinking of having that one in the middle but then thought I would want all the same orientation. Thoughts??

4461275043_89cf2139cd_b.jpg

4462049216_0d1d369022_b.jpg

4461277263_b43d3c3ea7_b.jpg

And does anyone think these are noticeably dark? Especially on the first one. I printed that one out earlier and it seems I lost some of the brightness I have on my monitor. My monitor is calibrated and the colors were fine but the brightness may be off. Any help would be great.

Hey,

The first two shots are awesome. Everything seems perfect. The third one is just bad luck; bad timing; the tiger looks demented.

WAH!!??? 3rd shot's the best - cheeky feline sticking his tongue out and still retaining eye contact! :)
Good adjustments to the shots, though (and I'd want a second opinio) you might want to again toggle with the blacks slider and maybe even let a little of the cyans back into the shot as his paws are looking a tiny bit black and white ish --- but that could be me "missing" what I saw before

WAH!!??? 3rd shot's the best - cheeky feline sticking his tongue out and still retaining eye contact! :)
Good adjustments to the shots, though (and I'd want a second opinio) you might want to again toggle with the blacks slider and maybe even let a little of the cyans back into the shot as his paws are looking a tiny bit black and white ish --- but that could be me "missing" what I saw before

I'm fond of the third one myself but I may be a little biased. I did see significant improvement when I made the changes you suggested. I'll try again and hopefully get something even better. Thanks for the help!

I think the 3rd one makes it look like the tiger is trying to be hot or something ;) I totally love it!

I like all three. They might be just a hair dark... I probably wouldn't mess with them though. They are all similar enough to look good all in one frame, and each one seems to show a different emotion. I like them!

not sure why but they look overprocessed to me... the background bothers me a little also... i dont like the chnge btwn the super green grass and those grey branches

They do not look over processed to me.

The first one looks a little dark on the left eye, but other then that I love the shot and the tigers expression.

Not sure how you do it, but when I edit an animal like this, I use the lasso tool and isolate the face (not the whole head) and then feather the mask (about 50). Then I smart sharpen that area so it sharpens the face and then fades out. It make it look crisper in the facial region, which is where you normally want to focus.

They do not look over processed to me.

The first one looks a little dark on the left eye, but other then that I love the shot and the tigers expression.

Not sure how you do it, but when I edit an animal like this, I use the lasso tool and isolate the face (not the whole head) and then feather the mask (about 50). Then I smart sharpen that area so it sharpens the face and then fades out. It make it look crisper in the facial region, which is where you normally want to focus.

I'll give this a go. Thanks Dom! I sharpened in LR without isolating anything. Sometimes I think it looks overprocessed so maybe this will make the image better.

Something else I do is I will isolate the subject with a mask, and then desaturate the background slightly, to help pull the subject out. I use this when I have a subject that is competing with a very bright, or high contrast scene like an animal in a bright field. Most people will look at it without even notice the change.

I've done that as well, though I tend to work the other way and brighten the subject a little rather than dull down the background. Both methods certainly work and heck you could use both if the shot required it (though if you use both be carefull as you are increasing the chances of overdoing it)

Something else I do is I will isolate the subject with a mask, and then desaturate the background slightly, to help pull the subject out. I use this when I have a subject that is competing with a very bright, or high contrast scene like an animal in a bright field. Most people will look at it without even notice the change.

I'll try that as well ;-)

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice!!

Here's the original image. If you guys want to take a stab at it and show me what can be done with these techniques I'd appreciate it :mrgreen:
4463866224_2d38c081c9_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back