More Tiger Shots

The 70-200 2.8 handheld w/ braced elbows on the guard rail

Okay....
I dropped the contrast, increased brightness, increased saturation, increased the temperature.
#1 NO CROP -
efi2w0.jpg

#2 CROP -
vxlpja.jpg

I do like how it's a bit brighter than mine. I may brighten mine up and see what happens. I'm working on some other stuff right now but will give that a try later on tonight. Thanks for the example!

Is this at some kind of zoo? What work do you do around tigers?

Great pictures!

Honestly the change that made the biggest difference was the color temperature.

I did notice the color temp. It seems almost too warm now though. I still like the brightness on her body.

And cnutco, this was at the local zoo. Some excellent planning by the owners of the zoo and being aware of my BG helped it from becoming a typical picture at the zoo I think.

subtle changes...

my opinion... the light is very harsh... i think the portrait would have been better at a later time of day... just my opinion...

You're definitely right on the time of day thing! We didn't get there soon enough for the nice morning light and the sun set behind the enclosure which would have put the tiger (had I been able to find her) in the dark shade.

Seems like others like the full body and not the crop around her face. I still like the up-close snarl but may keep the body shot for future use.

oops i didn't even mess w/ the crop... i'd say srinaldo's second crop but something closer to a 4x5 vertical... theres a good amount of wasted headroom otherwise...

I did like his crop and have changed mine accordingly. The whole 4X5 thing is confusing to me. It's something I'm researching as I've been printing more and more of my stuff lately. Been fighting with the lab and my computer to get what I want lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back