Morning Rainbow

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Needs some touch up work, but I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

IMG_0853a.jpg

Good candidate for 1 frame HDR. Need to clone out the pole in the middle, the cable, and the branch sticking out on top right. NIce capture!

You could saturate the sky some more if you don't have a program that does HDR, to make the colours really POP. =)

like this... my 5 min version. A little too much contrast though I think. Too green.

rainbow2_3_1_tonemapped.jpg

Not feeling that edit, the sky went from a normal day to Armageddon death sky lol.

The bottom of the sky looks right, the top looks dark.... Although, it -was- dark. We had a big storm last night and if you notice all the little ripples inthe lake, it was drizzling rain.

yeah.. still need adjustment.. just want to show OP the idea of cloning and HDR.

I opened it up in gimp and did the auto color enhance and also the auto white balance i thought it looked pretty good here is the result

IMG_0853a.jpg

Last edited:
that looks nice too! You guys are awesome. I can't get the hang of the cloning. I can make the trees and grass look good but my lake looks funk.

Not feeling that edit, the sky went from a normal day to Armageddon death sky lol.

What made you so sure the sky wasnt really like that? The OP's original photo is not the best representation of what it was really like either so it is hard to tell.

Actually, it is. :lol:

Like I said the sky was dark, it was right after/awaiting a storm. The rainbow didn't stick out nearly as much as it does in any of the edits.

It also wasn't nearly so blue.

But that looks good. I like the blue sky. It's just not really the way it was.

Makes me wish that -was- outside my apartment, not the mess that is there, lol!

EDIT: We were seriously mislead when we moved to the apartments called "Lumberton on the Lake" from Louisiana... This was the lake. It's not much bigger than what is pictured in the photograph. Also, they just added fake ducks to it. I had to struggle to NOT get them in the picture. :lol:

Most reactions

Back