Most Overrated Bands

Light my fire by the doors seems to me to just be overindulgent of synth which is a pity and yes, not one of their best songs and if you were judging them solely on that song they are quite mediocre (like Nirvana). Songs like Break on through, Riders on the Storm, The End and You're lost little girl show that they truly are an amazingly varied and textured band. just because you don't like one song doesn't mean they're no good.

As for Zeppelin, all 4 of them are insanely talented musicians. You may not be into things like Plant's half-tone rambling along with genius Page's guitar work, but he's got to do something in 10 minute song... he's over the top but that's one of the great things about him, and them. He's not only a brilliant lyricist (see stairway to heaven and such classics) but a showman too. See Plant and Page's solo careers for more inspiration... Page's pre zeppelin and plant's post. definitely not over-rated in my oppinion... big, very big, but not over-rated.

Amen to Green Day, I hate them.

I think jimi hendrix as a musician is over rated. As a guitar player he was amazing though.

Oasis = overated
Good call. Forgot about them. Wonderwall was such a poor Beatles rip off.

I think jimi hendrix as a musician is over rated
Funny, the more I listened to him, the more I appreciated his musicianship. I even changed my wife on this one. But she still hates the Doors. Damn.:x

you are hereby officially on notice.

one derogatory comment regarding the following will get you immediately banned :mrgreen::

the beatles
pink floyd
ccr
uriah heep
iron butterfly

thank you :D

Have a good weekend all. I get to go home now.

Oh yeah, Nickelback sucks.

KevinR said:
Have a good weekend all. I get to go home now.

Oh yeah, Nickelback sucks.
I'll second that. And whoever called Oasis was spot on, too. :thumbup:

50Cent and all the other ganster rappers...they all suck and while i'm still talking about them - Elton John lost a lot of my respect after Ghetto Gospel appeared on the charts.

Emo Punk bands, they all sh!t me to tears.

GreenDay definately suffered from overratedness after their last album

Limp Bizkit were stupidly overrated - how many songs can one band create using the same beat and guitar riff??

Nirvana - nuff said.

Nickelback was cool at first... Until they started drinking from the fountain of suck :lol: But what makes them interesting is they're from my province of Alberta. Pretty neat. They suck now though...

Emo sucks. My Chemical Romance? Yellowcard? Come on, those bands suck!! Emo is horrible. I can't stand it. A nursery has less crying going on then those fagish girly-guys.

Matty-Bass said:
Emo sucks. My Chemical Romance? Yellowcard? Come on, those bands suck!! Emo is horrible. I can't stand it. A nursery has less crying going on then those fagish girly-guys.

Q: How many Emo-punkers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, they just sit in the corner and cry.

:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back