Most Overrated Bands

Green Day, Creed, Linkin Park, Rolling Stones (that's right, classic rock fans), Aerosmith, and Coldplay (first album, amazing. The rest sucked.)

My yuck list

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Elivis (technically not a band but I'm including anyway)
Anything rap
The New York Dolls
Madonna (see Elvis)

Anyone who would call the Beatles "an overrated band" is out of their flipping mind. :mrgreen: Laugh at the image of the screaming teenage girls in the 60's if you must - but you shouldn't flash a fundamental ignorance of musical structure. Generation after generation, any musician worth his salt will tip his hat to that band, bar none.

If it weren't for the Beatles, there's a lot of music that would not have been written. The Beatles broke boundaries; they wrote the book. Period. Study them, and become enlightened about their stunning collective musical accomplishment.

There. I have saved a few of you from certain banning from the forum by JonMikal, who likes to make good on his threats. ;)

terri said:
Anyone who would call the Beatles "an overrated band" is out of their flipping mind. :mrgreen: Laugh at the image of the screaming teenage girls in the 60's if you must - but you shouldn't flash a fundamental ignorance of musical structure. Generation after generation, any musician worth his salt will tip his hat to that band, bar none.

If it weren't for the Beatles, there's a lot of music that would not have been written. The Beatles broke boundaries; they wrote the book. Period. Study them, and become enlightened about their stunning collective musical accomplishment.

There. I have saved a few of you from certain banning from the forum by JonMikal, who likes to make good on his threats. ;)

:hug:: :hug:: :hug:: :hug:: :hug::

terri said:

ha

terri said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, though it stands to be mentioned that they not only broke through musical barriers, they were the first to use so many new recording techniques such as 8-track multitrack rocording (Abbey Road). :thumbsup:

Okay gotta go a new route...these "metal" bands I can't stand. I feel the lyrics are lacking with most of them.

Iron Maiden
AC/DC
Queensyrche

This thread is a little weird.

This is like asking who is the most overated photographer on the board.

Isn't art, in this case music, subjective. Everyone is dissing bands that other people like. It's just a constant battle?

Meh...clearly I'm the most overated band anyway.

I'm not sure you're rated...but I agree.

For every overrated band, there are at least 20 underrated bands. :meh:

Daniel said:
Amen to Green Day, I hate them.
Yeah, I hate them too, especially after they get really popular for "American Idiot" which talks why big media is bad and releases it through the giant AOL/Time Warner, one of the biggest media companies ever and makes the media comanies money.

The Beatles have their goods and bads, at least for me. Across the Universe, Come Together, All You Need Is Love = awesome, amazing, etc. She Loves You, Can't By Me Love = horrible.

I think I can name more underrated bands than I can overrated.

Well, it seems you just like the newer Beatles stuff. Give Sgt. Pepper's, Magical Mystery Tour, the White Album, Abbey Road (my favorite album) and Let it Be a listen (if you haven't already). Full of the experimental stuff. I'm with you, though, I like the newer stuff a lot more than the pre Sgt. Pepper's days

btw, I don't think I've seen you yet, welcome to the forum :)

Most reactions

Back